Contradiction of what's good

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    It's not a contradiction.

Yeah, avocados pack in the calories. If you can't fit them in every day, fit them in when you can if you want them in your diet.

Is there some medical reason why you're concerned about dietary cholesterol?
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I eat eggs daily in the winter

I eat avocado daily typically in the summer...

I started my weight loss due to high cholesterol levels and they are fine now...great actually.

Eat the eggs and the avocado...just stay in goal with calories. Also remember that the macros that default in MFP are mins esp for Fats and proteins.

Yep to both!

Love my eggs and avocados.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    laurief86 wrote: »
    Mmmm sound really nice! I reckon I could do that easily enough

for sure...google deviled eggs..easy peasy...they are so popular where I am from they have special plates for them... :D

One of my fav foods. My brother makes the best ones.
  • cleanbulk_hatersgfy
    cleanbulk_hatersgfy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A dozen eggs last 3 days in my kitchen!
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I eat avocados almost every day...I have to because I have a tree in my backyard and I don't want them going to waste, LOL! Moral of the story: I eat A LOT of avocados and I'm still losing weight... I just make sure I weigh them and accurately log them so that they fit into my calories for the day. Enjoy!!!!
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The worst contraction for me is, some people say eat meat proteins ( eggs, chicken, fish, lamb, dairy, cottage cheese is healthy etc) they are necessary for you, some people say NO No eat only fruit & veg & nuts, meat proteins cause inflammation!!
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If you have no underlying health issues, eat whatever you want as long as you maintain a deficit (ie stay as close to your goal as possible).

21st century science says dietary cholesterol has nothing to do with blood cholesterol so a couple eggs a day are fine. Avocado is full of "healthy” fat, also fine. They are very calorie dense though, obviously when compared to lettuce or other greens that have literally almost no calories, an avocado is going to look terrifying on paper. But oh so good and happy in your salad.

You're on the right track! Best of luck :)

Yep, my kid's pediatrician told me that it was ok for them to eat eggs every day :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think the biggest cause of inflammation is probably excess weight. I'm gathering that from snippets of what I've read here and there. Exercise, maintain a healthy weight, and don't worry about news headlines until science is sure of something.

The only thing sure about at this point is that artificial trans fats are bad.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    dietary cholesterol has no bearing on blood serum cholesterol in the vast majority of people. eggs are highly nutritious...the incredible, edible egg.

avocados are a nutritional juggernaut and also a source of good, heart healthy fats. dietary fat is calorie dense...thus an avocado is relatively calorie dense...caloric density has jack *kitten* to do with nutritional quality. there are any number of foods that provide kick *kitten* nutrition that are also calorie dense...conversely, there are any number of foods that are very low calorie...and also are pretty much void of nutrition.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    You mean my celery, iceberg lettuce and cucumber frappe won't do me any good?
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Options
    111grace wrote: »
    The worst contraction for me is, some people say eat meat proteins ( eggs, chicken, fish, lamb, dairy, cottage cheese is healthy etc) they are necessary for you, some people say NO No eat only fruit & veg & nuts, meat proteins cause inflammation!!

It can be pretty confusing, but if you look into legitimate resources, including talking to your doctor, most recommend a balanced diet which includes eggs, dairy, fish and chicken, whole grains etc etc.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    The research on cholesterol is contradictory. Some say that added cholesterol from food can elevate cholesterol levels and some say otherwise. If you really want to enjoy your eggs and not get as much cholesterol, just eat the whites as the cholesterol is all in the yolk. Or you can do like I do and keep it to no more than 4 yolks a week. (Thats from the head cardiologist where I did my internship in cardiac rehab.) As for avocado, the majority of the fat in it is monounsaturated fats, which are the healthy fats that reduce heart disease risk. So, eat up. ;-)
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    I use egg whites they sell in the carton... any thoughts on this?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Eggs without yolks are for meringue.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I use egg whites they sell in the carton... any thoughts on this?

Do you like them? This is my only thought.
    Eggs without yolks are for meringue.

And, this too. Mom made the best lemon meringue pie.
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    Yes, I like them... very much!
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    But I don't like meringue pie, LOL!
  • lau_rolypoly2holymoly
    lau_rolypoly2holymoly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest, how long until I'm a size 8??!
  • Sarasmaintaining
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just out of interest, how long until I'm a size 8??!

Everyone will be different and brands also runs differently for sizing. I went from a size 14 jean to a current size 4, with a 58ish pound loss. I'm also pear sized, so most of my 'cushion' is on my lower half :p
  • lau_rolypoly2holymoly
    lau_rolypoly2holymoly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow!! How long did that take?
  • Sarasmaintaining
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Wow!! How long did that take?

Started in October 2012, hit my original goal weight in April of 2013, with a 43lb loss at that point/wearing size 6s. Since then I've lost another 15ish pounds and wear a size 4 jean comfortably. I can fit in size 2s though if I wanted to, but as a 36 yr old mom of 3 kids, I'm really not into the skin-tight jean look lol. I do wear size 2 shorts and skirts though :)