Replies

• drivenbonkers
    drivenbonkers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    It's difficult at any age but can be done with determination and dedication!!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    67 yes it's hard but you can do this if you are determined and stick with it

Good luck
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    chersei wrote: »
    Finding it very difficult at age 57 to lose weight

You can do it!!! Determination and positivity !! Plus.. This is a great tool to help you along the way !!
  • chersei
    chersei Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 2, age 57 and trying to lose weight.
    Thanks for the support, nice to know I'm not alone in my struggles!
  • Madfacedemoji
    Madfacedemoji Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine!! I'm trying to lose 10lbs at 17 and it's as hard as anything! I lost 5lbs already but it took forever!

• karibeargirl
    Options
    chersei wrote: »
    Day 2, age 57 and trying to lose weight.
    Thanks for the support, nice to know I'm not alone in my struggles!

Very proud of you Toots!! Taking control of your health!! We Got This!!!
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    I can only imagine!! I'm trying to lose 10lbs at 17 and it's as hard as anything! I lost 5lbs already but it took forever!

Congrats on those 5 pounds!!! Yes.. As we get older .. The metabolism starts to slow down.. So it can be tough most certainly at any age as well :)! Keep going strong!
  • RiqueLake
    RiqueLake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hang in there we are a tap away :)
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    Week 2/Day 3 was tough for me.(Warrior)...I'm incorporating a 30 day plank challenge and sit-ups as well as X3 workouts each day! It's not too much .. It's the mental preparation for each X3 workout.. I know my body can do the work outs .. Modifying or not.. It's the mental push that sometimes gets me... Grrrr!! The struggle was real today.. But that's ok.. I did my best.. And forgot the rest
  • gowlanj
    gowlanj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done on the weight you've lost so far. I'm 56 and also finding it hard - the weight just doesn't budge as quickly when you are older. However, there's life in us mature ladies yet! I'm finding swimming is helping me - it's increased my average weight loss from 1lb a week to 3lb a week. I'm not a fantastic swimmer by any means and I have a great deal of weight to lose, but I just find doing that little bit of exercise puts my head in the right place and helps give my metabolism a bit of a boost
  • renesharenae
    renesharenae Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 31. 234 I started MFP in 2013 lost 40 lbs lost my job and slowly feell off track gained it back two years later. But this time I'm trying to get involved with the Community for support. The first time I really just tracked.
  • renesharenae
    renesharenae Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't have supportive friends. Well friends that are on this journey, please feel free to add me
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    Hello, I'm 31. 234 I started MFP in 2013 lost 40 lbs lost my job and slowly feell off track gained it back two years later. But this time I'm trying to get involved with the Community for support. The first time I really just tracked.

Requested!!
    Welcome aboard!!
    Your back.. And that is all that matters!!!
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    gowlanj wrote: »
    Well done on the weight you've lost so far. I'm 56 and also finding it hard - the weight just doesn't budge as quickly when you are older. However, there's life in us mature ladies yet! I'm finding swimming is helping me - it's increased my average weight loss from 1lb a week to 3lb a week. I'm not a fantastic swimmer by any means and I have a great deal of weight to lose, but I just find doing that little bit of exercise puts my head in the right place and helps give my metabolism a bit of a boost

Wow!! That's a great number of pounds in a week! Swimming is so fun:)! Great job!!