FitBit Charge HR vs Jawbone Up3.... Which is best?

Options
I really want a fitness tracker so I can more accurately track my caloric burn. I've been comparing FitBit Charge HR and Jawbone Up3 online but a lot of the articles are kinda old and there's not much in terms of consumer reviews for Jawbone. Does anyone have one of these? What do you think? Based on what I have read, it sounds like Jawbone Up3 collects better data and gives you more helpful feedback. But... it doesn't have realtime display like the FitBit. I guess I could wait to see my exercise stats later if the trade is more worthwhile feedback. The FitBit Charge HR is also really big and doesn't look comfortable.

Replies

• sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I got the jawbone. I bought this at a ROSS STORE for 17.00, so i wanted to try one just to experiment - the simple one, I keep forgetting to put it on and i wanted to go swimming and researched you cant submerge it in water. I don't get accurate readings when i do a massage, I work with a chiropractor, so my massages are not for relaxation. there intense. I come out drench in sweat, i look like i put blush on the entire time. On average i do 3-5 massages 6 days week.
    Its just counts steps. sleeping that was accurate. I've learned where I;m going wrong with my body. why I'm so tired all the time.
    I gained weight but I'm not sleeping well at all.
    I haven't figured it out completely, i would prefer something I don't have to put it on my wrist. when i do a massage i put it on my ankle, i don't know if that is messing up the data. I would really want something that tells me how many calories I'm burning without me having to tell it I'm exercising. I forget i have thing on.
  • AwesomeSauceTN
    AwesomeSauceTN Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sherry I think your Jawbone might be an older one.... or you got a helluva deal! The Jawbone Up3 that I am referencing tracks heart rate and is worn on the wrist. It sells for about $180 and the FitBit Charge HR is $150. Jawbone bought BodyMedia and uses the same fancy sensors to track body heat and heart rate. Placement is pretty important, too. For example, I've read that FitBit recommends the device be placed about an inch above your non-dominant wrist during exercise, to ensure accuracy. I also wonder if buying your device from a bargain outlet might be partly why its not meeting your expectations (like maybe its defective).
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've been considering a FitBit Charge HR for the same reason, and would love some 'real' advice on this too. I'm not sure if I'd get a Jawbone if I didn't get a FitBit, but it'd be good to know in advance what to expect - as much as possible anyway.
  • adallen76
    adallen76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been trying the charge hr. But, I've had a jawbone in the past and love the up app. I just ordered the Up3 and am waiting for it to arrive! The charge hr is not uncomfortable, but it is a little bulky. More than anything else though- I just miss the Up smart coaching through the app.
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    JimsReviewRoom on Youtube and FB are pretty good in terms of reviews. I watched them all before I got my activity tracker.