Contradiction of what's good

Options
13»

Replies

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    The research on cholesterol is contradictory. Some say that added cholesterol from food can elevate cholesterol levels and some say otherwise. If you really want to enjoy your eggs and not get as much cholesterol, just eat the whites as the cholesterol is all in the yolk. Or you can do like I do and keep it to no more than 4 yolks a week. (Thats from the head cardiologist where I did my internship in cardiac rehab.) As for avocado, the majority of the fat in it is monounsaturated fats, which are the healthy fats that reduce heart disease risk. So, eat up. ;-)

So if you do have high cholesterol, what do you Not/limit eat.?
  • lau_rolypoly2holymoly
    lau_rolypoly2holymoly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't have high cholesterol
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Laurief,
    yes, I understand that, I just thought for pp reading this who do may need some hints...and "trainingWithTonya.." had a good start.
    Good Luck to you.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    laurief86 wrote: »
    What are deviled eggs?

in my world they are boiled eggs cut in half with the yolk taken out mixed with mayo/mustard salt/pepper and maybe some chopped onions and then put back into the boiled egg white...pretty tasty as a snack or to take to a party.

Mmmm, love deviled eggs. In my world the yolk is mixed with the mayo and mustard then some dill pickle relish and just a tiny splash of apple cider vinegar and you sprinkle paprika on top after putting the yolk mix back in the whites.