Gastric Sleeve 4-28-15

Options
I just had my gastric sleeve surgery on 4-28-15 and I am looking for support and motivation from those who have had great success with their gastric sleeves!

Replies

• chanfran19
    chanfran19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had surgery on 4-13-15. Congratulations on your decision. Im feeling good and loosing steadily. I would love to share tips and recipes!
  • b18labontefan
    b18labontefan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great! I would like that as well. So it seems you are just a couple weeks ahead of me. You must be on puréed foods now. What do you credit your steady loss to? One thing I am having trouble with is protein shakes! What did you or are you using?
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hello, I will be getting Gastric Sleeve June 3. Would love a mentor and advice! Thanks in advance
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had my gastric sleeve done 4/24/15. On regular food now and down 25 pounds since the surgery.
  • LenaRath
    LenaRath Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve done on 4/29! I love this app. It really helps.
  • marellyk
    marellyk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having my sleeve on June 11. Nervous and excited and getting thru liquid diet day two.
  • jblon83
    jblon83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    had my gastric sleeve January 8,2015.
    I lost about 40 lbs since then. I'm having support issues with my husband he says that I'm obsessed with excerise. He says he doesn't know me anymore. I'm stressed. All I want is to do alittle excerise everyday to keep losing.
  • emmyp18
    emmyp18 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had my sleeve on 5/28 and feeling amazing!! I would love to hear what you all did during pureed phase
  • JosieZeee
    JosieZeee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    jblon83 wrote: »
    I lost about 40 lbs since then. I'm having support issues with my husband he says that I'm obsessed with excerise. He says he doesn't know me anymore. I'm stressed. All I want is to do alittle excerise everyday to keep losing.

You need to explain to him why you're working so hard to change your body and why it's so important to you. There is no need for someone to discourage you on your journey
  • jblon83
    jblon83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    emmyp18 wrote: »
    Hi! I had my sleeve on 5/28 and feeling amazing!! I would love to hear what you all did during pureed phase

I did baby food. I so not into veggies so I stayed with the meats. I seasoned the turkey or chicken. I also did mashed potatoe or yams and food chopper my meats like baked chicken breast.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's a support group if you are interested.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband

Bypass here, coming up on my first year anniversary.

@JosieZeee , I am very much like you with exercise. But gratefully, hubby has never got in my way or expressed any resentment. Sometimes he even comes along. I've relaxed a little but I still run every other day.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    @emmyp18 , I called my tummy my six month old baby and treated it very much that way. I introduced family food gradually, blended, and checked what sat well and what didn't. On bad protein days, I would drink a Premier Protein (30g per container) from Costco.

If something didn't sit well, I'd try again in a few weeks. Maybe change the texture or the preparation to see if it made a difference.

Popsicles. Home-made popsicles with yogurt.
  • jgnatca
    Options
  • b18labontefan
    Options
    jblon83 wrote: »

I am so sorry to hear that! Sometimes men become insecure When they see you making life style changes. They think they may not fit into your new life.
  • b18labontefan
    Options
    chanfran19 wrote: »
    Hi. I had surgery on 4-13-15. Congratulations on your decision. Im feeling good and loosing steadily. I would love to share tips and recipes!

Sounds great Chanfran
  • wacdesigns
    wacdesigns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve surgery in 4/14/15 and have lost 65 lbs to date. I'd love a support group also who understands.
  • coolgsleadr1
    coolgsleadr1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve on 6/17/2013. Took a break (big mistake) when I moved 9 months ago and now trying to get back on track. I have lost 120 lbs. I didn't re-gain anything but I didn't loose any. What I did re-gain is a bunch of my old habits. I'm looking for support also. Is there a discussion group here to join? Love to have the support.