"H20" Exploding the pounds - 10 Week Challenge - Week 5 & 6

Options
H20 Exploding the Pounds
Week 5 & 6 of 10 (5 & 4 weeks to go) IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO JOIN!!!

-Welcome, for those who have joined my challenges before you know a little bit about how it works. Over the duration of the challenge i will be posting weekly challenges to help you shred those egggstra pounds you have gained over the winter months, or to help you lose more of the weight you have been working so hard on shedding. I am going to do this just a little bit different this time around, I will explain below. For the newbies out there, I would love to invite you to join us. It is never too late to get in on the fun, or never too late to star losing weight. Welcome, and we look forward to getting to know you...

1282995jhdrgo5vzu.gif

Walking challenge: How many miles do you have in of the 150.
Would you like a weekly challenge with the walking to help keep you accoutable for getting the 150 miles in?

Pilates Challenge: How many hours of Pilates do you have in of 100?
If you need ideas of how to find some Pilates exercises let me know. Ill help search. Maybe share links if you have any to some videos. :)

Workout Video Challege: how are you doing with your workout video. ARe you struggling.. if so maybe we can help you.

2128000k11ubrw2c2.gif

Challenge 1 - Week 5 & 6
Walk, Run, or Jog - 20 Miles, over the next two weeks. Trying to help with your walking, along with it gets your heart pumping and its good for you.

Challenge 2 - Week 5 & 6
ABS - 2000 Crunches & 2000 Reverse crunches for the next two weeks.

Challenge 3 - Week 5 & 6
STRENGTH - 1000 Dumbbell Rows (Knees slightly bent, Arms form circle in front of body w/ bent elbows , Use upper back to pull elbows up and back, Exhale as you pull weights, inhale as you bring weight back to front) & 800 Shoulder Raises (With or without our makeshift weights in your hands, raise your shoulders up toward your ears, hold, then relax.) For the next two weeks.

Challenge 4 - Week 5 & 6
CARDIO - 1500 Jumping Jacks & 2500 Step ups (or jump ups). Get that heart a pumping. Over the next two weeks.

Challenge 5 - Week 5 & 6
Drink atleast 8 Glasses of water a day. Keep your Salt intake in the green for the next two weeks. And make your food colorful. Try a new recipe.

Quote of the day - 'Assume a virtue, if you have it not." - William Shakespeare

Sorry ladies, that there isn't much to this challenge. i did alot of copying from last challenge. Ive just been so busy and tired. On top of the business, my knee popped out on me again while i was away over the weekend.. :( Not cool. I hate it. My photography is starting to pick up, so its making it harder for me to sit down and find things for the challenges.. Im going to try to start getting a head start on them, we will see how that works. Have a great week.. well two weeks. Ill be around when I can.

Until next time,
April Val

Replies

• nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Bump for later.....
  • linemansgirl
    linemansgirl Posts: 152
    Options
    Be back later!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just checking in for later... thanks for putting it together April!!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    April... once again, a huge THANK YOU for the time you put in for all of us! :flowerforyou:

Pink: Well, I've lost 60# now... and still, boobs! LOL But maybe it makes a difference that I had a reduction 10+ years ago. Am still big though. (I can SO relate to your bra sizes!!) After I had lost 170#, I didn't like them dragging on the floor... so had the surgery. SO glad I did! I love that they are still "perky"!! :bigsmile:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Thanks again April for some challenging challenges!!!! I'm doing good on my miles as you can see, but the others are tough for me! Water is never a problem.. sodium can be.

Hope you all have a great day! Monday is a long day at work for me, so I'm pooped... talk atcha later!
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Thanks for the fabulous challenges April!!!!! :happy:

We had some stomach sickies here over the weekend. My tummy only hurt and I felt nausea, thankfully. But when I tried to do my 25 minute run on Saturday I felt like I was going to puke after about 10 minutes. :sick: I made it to 15 minutes then walked for a little bit and tried to start running again. I immediately felt sick and light headed, so I walked the rest of the way home. Life at my house is insanely crazy right now, so I have decided to work myself up to longer runs more gradually. This week I will continue with walk 5, run 10, walk 5, run 10, walk 5. Then next week I will up my runs a bit. I really think that the 5K is out of the question right now and I may wait to do my first one with Crystal on Thanksgiving. :bigsmile: We are going to spend Thanksgiving with them and she mentioned a Turkey trot in her town.......... :glasses:

I am on a bit of a plateau right now. :ohwell: I am feeling okay with that right now. I am SO close to goal that I can smell it though! :laugh: I would love to lose an extra few for cushion too though. I have been shaking things up a bit and I am hoping to see the results of that on the scale next week. I am an every day weigher to keep me on track and I have seen 157.5 a couple of times, but not on weigh-in day. :ohwell: I have been holding steady at 158 for a few weeks now.

Have a fabulous week EXPLODING those pounds my fine friends!!!!!!!!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later :)
  • elysetoplin
    elysetoplin Posts: 253
    Options
    bump for later
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    I was down to 156 this morning!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I had one kiddo throwing up on Saturday night/Sunday. In the middle of the night last night three more kids started. :ohwell: I am REALLY hoping that mommy, daddy and baby escape it! :noway: I don't want to lose weight that way!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great challenge again, April. You always do such a great job. :smile:

We had a great time in FL and I was SO happy this morning for my weigh-in and I was down 2.6 lbs! :bigsmile: I have decided that I probably wasn't eating enough calories, because I was NOT at ALL careful, or watching my calories over the weekend and I felt GREAT! We went to Outback and a Bar-B-Q place while we were there and I sure didn't get salads. :wink: I didn't over do it, but I didn't just go light either and I felt super the whole time. I had been at a stall before I left and even gained a bit, so I'm wondering if maybe me trying to do less calories was not a great idea for me - I don't know.

Anyway, we have a family reunion coming up this weekend and I really hope that they have some kind of internet access, but I'm not sure.

I really need/want to get back into P90X very soon and like Mandy mentioned, I need to start working on that Turkey Trot coming up. :tongue: Advise on where to start????

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!!! Keep up the good work, Ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I had one kiddo throwing up on Saturday night/Sunday. In the middle of the night last night three more kids started. :ohwell: I am REALLY hoping that mommy, daddy and baby escape it! :noway: I don't want to lose weight that way!

Wooooohooooo!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm really sorry the kids are sick. That is so not fun!!!! I hope they get better very soon and nobody else gets it.
  • cazzincali
    Options

WTG!!! YAY!!
  • cazzincali
    Options

We had a great time in FL and I was SO happy this morning for my weigh-in and I was down 2.6 lbs! :bigsmile: I have decided that I probably wasn't eating enough calories, because I was NOT at ALL careful, or watching my calories over the weekend and I felt GREAT! We went to Outback and a Bar-B-Q place while we were there and I sure didn't get salads. :wink: I didn't over do it, but I didn't just go light either and I felt super the whole time. I had been at a stall before I left and even gained a bit, so I'm wondering if maybe me trying to do less calories was not a great idea for me - I don't know.

Glad you had a good time! And losing weight as well!! YAY! I hope I am as lucky when I go on my vacation in June!

My daughter is getting married on Sunday and I refuse to count calories while I am in San Diego this weekend. I am just gonna take in the moments.

THEN... I have 2 weeks back on program before I leave for Ohio! SO looking forward to that. Love, love, love seeing friends I grew up with. Just me - all by myself. A MUCH needed break that I now do annually. Being "the mom" on a daily basis is hard work!! (as many of you know!) I look forward to just being ME for a week!! PLUS... I am 60# less than I was when I saw everybody last year!! :bigsmile:
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you ladies are doing great.. im at a stand still right now.. my knee is killing me from when it popped out on me on Friday.. Then yesterday morning, I was getting up from my chair, and my back popped.. I nursed it and went to work for half my shift last night. Came home, and made dinner, laid down and an hour later i could barely move. My husband took me to the hospital at 12am.. it sucked.. It still hurts but not as bad,, just got one taking muscle relaxers.. hoping it helps.
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    thank you April for all you do!!
    {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}
    havd a rough start.begin walking and using the gym regular .
    weight today :328.2
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. :) I updated the spreadsheet and will fix up the website now. I promise I'll come back in tonight to catch up with everyone.
  • stacyw466
    stacyw466 Posts: 13
    Options
    I def want to get in on this. So even though it's on week 5 & 6 I'm going to see if I can find the other weeks to be able to see what I missed. :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    I really need/want to get back into P90X very soon and like Mandy mentioned, I need to start working on that Turkey Trot coming up. :tongue: Advise on where to start????

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!!! Keep up the good work, Ladies! :flowerforyou:

Ok, I have one word for you for the Turkey Trot... C25K!!!! It's truly the one thing that changed my life! Google it.. you won't be sorry! I used the Podrunner Intervals podcasts that you can download on iTunes, but you can do it with your own music if you want. I like the podcasts because they are all mapped out for you and even give you the tempos and all you need. The music isn't my taste, but it does keep you pumping!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Just my Tuesday check in... crazy busy day!!! But I was able to get in my 2 miles before Biggest Loser... it's starting now, so I'm going to make this brief!

Hope you're all having a great Tuesday! The weather here was absolutely perfect... I wish it would stick around! Thinking of taking the kids camping Friday with some friends, still not sure... but it's a crazy week, so I need to make up my mind!!!

LOL! Have a great night...
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    My dear friends...I have not been hanging around too much. Mom in law in rehab now and wanting to give up. She thinks she has lived a good life and doesn't want to try. So, I have been a bit stressed. I know she can do it but she doesnt have the will. Plus, last Friday, I hurt my right shoulder taking care of a patient...guess my reach isn't as long as I thought. So I have a rotator cuff strain...on light duty at work,totally freakin boring. So, I am not in a good frame of mind.

I will continue to check in and keep you updated...please say a little prayer that she gets her ooomph back.

Love to all,
    Linda