ANYONE WITH THE SAME LUCK AS ME?

Options
So I just started to go to the gym, I walk and run for as long as I can ( 4 Mn) - I do weight lifting and count me calories. I am trying to stay under 1600 calories daily.

As of now, I am 203 lbs and have not lost a pound. I am desperate to loose weight- I hate it when I have a big event or try to look nice and my muffin top is on the way.

Anyone with the same problem? Or is it just me?
Any advice i can possible benefit from?

Replies

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure all foods and liquids using a food scale?

That would be my first port of call. If you do not, you are likely eating much more than you realise.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Luck has nothing to do with weight loss. It's all about calories.

If you're not losing weight, you're not in a calorie deficit... which boils down to your logging accuracy. Weighing your food will help ensure better accuracy.

Give this a read:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • mairarodriguez38
    mairarodriguez38 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well- I use to baby bowl. and don't drink sodas or juice unless my blood sugar goes low ( I am diabetic). I am really good about my portion sizes and what I drink.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not sure what tat has to do with luck.

You just need a calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    Well- I use to baby bowl. and don't drink sodas or juice unless my blood sugar goes low ( I am diabetic). I am really good about my portion sizes and what I drink.

Using a baby bowl isn't accurate for serving sizes, unfortunately.

I often use my 6 year old's toddler plates and bowls... I can fit a heck of alot on those suckers.
    Options

If you aren't weighing. You cannot be sure what you are consuming. A baby bowl is NOT an accurate way to measure your food. Eat less than you burn. Weigh your foods.
  • sop1love
    sop1love Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What kind of time frame are you talking about? You say you just started working out - there always is an adjustment period for your body once you start working out.
  • mairarodriguez38
    Options
    Yea I know- but, is there anything else that might help me? I have tried weight loss pills and i just keep gaining weight
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I often use my 6 year old's toddler plates and bowls... I can fit a heck of alot on those suckers.

no joke. i got to 250 pounds eating off small plates and baby bowls LMAO

weigh your food. log it all. you are eating more than you think you are.
    edited June 2015
    Options

Baby bowls full of chocolate? LOL!
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ^^ THIS
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Yea I know- but, is there anything else that might help me? I have tried weight loss pills and i just keep gaining weight

Accurately weighing, measuring, and counting your calories.

That's it. Period.
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

That's it. Period.

I tried that. It was ignored. Sigh.
  • mairarodriguez38
    Options
    I will try that- however, I am always a bit confused wen it comes to low calorie and low carb. What are the difference? What are the purpose for those? The thing is that I am gluten intolerant and get extremely bloated wen I eat something with wheat so I tend to watch out on that as well
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Weigh everything you eat
  • mairarodriguez38
    Options
    sop1love wrote: »
    What kind of time frame are you talking about? You say you just started working out - there always is an adjustment period for your body once you start working out.

I started last month

Options
    I will try that- however, I am always a bit confused wen it comes to low calorie and low carb. What are the difference? What are the purpose for those? The thing is that I am gluten intolerant and get extremely bloated wen I eat something with wheat so I tend to watch out on that as well

There is no magic. Eat foods you like. WEIGH THEM. Eat less than you burn and you will lose weight. It's that simple.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

That's it. Period.

Yeah. And weight loss pills don't teach you anything, so forget those even exist. They're a waste of time and money.

Invest in a food scale. It's worth it.
  • mairarodriguez38
    Options

LMAO - its harder than I think
  • Ninkyou
    Options

Calories are a unit of energy. Carbohydrates are a macronutrient.

For weight loss, it's calories in, calories out.