why is my weight not dropping???

Options
2»

Replies

• myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I can't get my head around if I eat more that I'll loss more.

I am quite embarressed about my diary content, but if anyone could take there time to look at my diary and help advise me I'd be very grateful.

:-)
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. You need to have 1200 NET calories intake each day. Also, watch the sodium content of prepackaged meals. It can be very high whcih promotes fluid retention.
  • myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I can't get my head around if I eat more that I'll loss more.

I am quite embarressed about my diary content, but if anyone could take there time to look at my diary and help advise me I'd be very grateful.

:-)

1. I lost 50 lbs by making sure I had the right balance with calories in and calories out. You have to remember that MFP starts you at a deficit, so if you work out and log your exercise (gaining more calories to eat) you have to eat what MFP states because even though you now have more calories to eat, you started at a deficit; therefore, if you eat all your calories you will still be at a deficit. If you don't eat enough, you will not lose. Also, how fast did the weight come off before your plateau? I was losing weight pretty fast, then I hit a plateau for almost a month. I stuck with it and did everything right (switched up my exercise a bit...cuz your body gets used to the same thing) and now it's coming off again.

2. Don't be embarrassed about your diary. We are all making changes. Change that lasts a lifetime takes time. We take small steps. For some of us it means exercising more, but still holding on to the foods we love. For some of us it means allowing ourselves something we don't ever want to give up, but compensating by working out. Opening up your diary will help everyone out. You can get ideas from other people's diary, and the advice you get from people will be based on facts and not maybes. Hope this helps. Good luck!!
  • najranforever
    najranforever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem,

there are maybe alot of reasons:

1st) u are eating foods that contains carbohydrates with high glycemic index(like white bread or rice) ...go for low GI

2nd) u have low D-vitamin in your blood stream because you are not exposed enough to sunlight...try eating canned Tuna

3rd) u eating too low so your body matebolism has reduced because of lack of food you put it through...take one or two open day
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I have now been dieting and exercising for the last 3 weeks and have seen no weight change.
    I'm 5.5" and weigh 11stone 10lbs so I am overweight, I thought I'd see more of a weight change by now!!

I go jogging/power walking twice a week and a zumba class to.

On an average day I am eating the following:

2 slices of weight watchers bread with marmite
    1 Ham and Salad sandwich, with low cal crisps
    Chicken Salad new potatoes and salad dressing
    an ice lolly and two handfuls of grapes.
    poss1 biscuit

I'm feeling really down and when I haven't seen any change for 3 weeks it makes me wanna just give up (and I really don't wanna do that!!)

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do or need to change???

Thanks guys x

Why are you not logging Debs? Try logging and when the total is there in front of your face, if there is no weightloss after a week or two of staying within your calories, then you can look at what might be happening. Ensure you log absolutely everything though

At the moment, there is no logging there, it is very difficult to comment.