chris powell choose more lose more current cyclers

Options
Hi I am seeking anybody on chris powells carb cycling plan. I am in my 4th week and doing great. Please join me :) add me:)

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi I had to make my original post very short as I was having trouble to post it. But I am currently on my 4th week. I have been on turbo and doinghis workout and walking. It really is the easiest plan I have ever been on and not hard to do or understand and cheating is pretty non existent bc you have the fun day. But I was looking for any support or active people doing this to add as friends or add me. Thanks!
  • LisaC101
    LisaC101 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am about to start Turbo Carb Cycling next week. Any advice you can offer or any tips you have learned so far?

• angelexperiment
    Options
    Well I have learned measuring cups and tablespoons are a girls best friend! And to have less cals on low carb days cut down on portions to a half cup for yogurt or cottage cheese. Simple easy meals. Oh and this is realky yummy on lc day cottafe cheese with 1 tbsp pb 1 tbsp jelly. Like a pb n j only better! Send me any questions! Oh and drink your 1 gal of water a day.
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have just brought the book and started reading - will start plan on Friday after a stay in London.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    I have just brought the book and started reading - will start plan on Friday after a stay in London.

Oh that is nice! Enjoy London! Add me too if you like!
  • Shannon_hemminger
    Shannon_hemminger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I had to make my original post very short as I was having trouble to post it. But I am currently on my 4th week. I have been on turbo and doinghis workout and walking. It really is the easiest plan I have ever been on and not hard to do or understand and cheating is pretty non existent bc you have the fun day. But I was looking for any support or active people doing this to add as friends or add me. Thanks!

Are you still doing the carb cycling? How are you getting along with it ?
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Hi there yes I still am doing it! I have lost around 13 lbs doing it. I also workout with it and can now fit into a 14w or some 14s. I was a 22 when I started my journey. I also fit 16 w or regulars! It really is motivating when you see it. In his book chris says people often give up when they don't see immediate results and trust me on my journey I have felt like that! But I imagine chris there with me are you gonna quit! No! So it helps me stay motivated. I have had my moments with easter candy, and my moments I struggled with motivation. I know I must go forward not back! I can run for 20 min now! Do I want that and my pretty navy blue cords I never thought id fit? Or to sit on the couch watching extreme makeover weighloss edition eating jars of peanut butter wishing I could be one of them? Well I like my new slimmer legs thanks! I like my energy! I love my mood lifting walks! So I will keep going!
  • SMontgomery82
    SMontgomery82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm starting next week and I would love some friends who are also doing it!!
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Sure! I added you :D
  • charlielu1919
    charlielu1919 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting carb cycling today. How many carbs have you been eating on high and low days?
  • lia_1992
    lia_1992 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Can anyone explain carb cycling to me?!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    lia_1992 wrote: »

you basically cycle your carb intake with low and high days is my understanding.

however, this method is not superior to just eating in a calorie deficit with a regular carb intake. It is just a tool that you can use to create said deficit.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    I am starting carb cycling today. How many carbs have you been eating on high and low days?
    Hi. On low days you eat 1 carb with breakfast and no others rest of day. So basic formula for me is:

Meal 1 shake: 1 cup 100 cal yogurt plain
    2 cup spinach
    1/2 cup fruit (rasberry or blue)
    1 tbsp pb
    Flax meal 1 tbsp
    1 egg
    if it is a high 3xercise day ill add 1 half ir whole banana

meal 2: 2 eggs, 1 pc bacon, 2 cups spinach
    meal 3: 4 oz chicken 2 cups salad mix with 1 fat cheese or oliveoil or avacado
    Meal 4: half cup cottage cheese with2 celery sticks and 2 tbsp avacado
    meal 5: 4 oz chicken 1 tomato 1 avacado

so lo carb day is: 1 carb w breakfast 1/2 cup for women 1 cup for men. 1 protein 4 oz for women 8 oz for men 2 vegetables 2cups

rest of meals are: 1 protein, 2 veg, 1 fat which is 1 tbsp. Calories for women: 1200 to 1300 men 1500 to 1600

high carb days:

Meal 1: half cup oatmeal half cup blueberries 2 scrambled eggs and 2 cup spinach

meal 2: 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup raspberry, 2 cup kale, 1 banana, 2 tbsp flax meal, 1 egg

meal 3: 1/2 cup black beans 2 cups cut up veggies like celery, bell pepper, cucumber, 1 tbsp okos yogurt dressing 4 oz chicken strips

meal 4: 1/2 cup quionoa 2 cups spinach and other mixed veg 4 oz chicken strips

meal 5: 4 to 6 oz turkey burger whole wheat bun lettuce tomato. 2 cups green beans

so hi carb day is pereal 1 carb 2 veggies 1 protein 0 fat unless you are very hungry which you realky should not be. Calories are 15 to 1600 women 1800 men

sunday funday= free day eat anything up to 2100 cals women 2400 men

slingshot week is every 4th week. You eat a normal diet. I eat it like a hi carb day 1500 cals all week.

this is a sample menu for turbo cycle, there are also easy, classic, fit cycles which depend on what you are attempting to do and the hi low carbs will be different.

for easy I think is hi, lo,hi,lo,hi, free
    for turbo is lo, lo,hi,lo,lo,hi, free
    for fit is hi,hi,hi,lo, hi,hi free I think
    I think classic is hi, hi, lo, hi, hi, lo, free
    lia_1992 wrote: »

Carb cycling is you cycle your carbs from low to high depending on what you are trying to do. Chris powells book choose more lose more for life is what I follow and it is very simple to follow and he explains everything very simply.

however you do not need to carb cycle. But it only thing that works for me. I have pcos.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    You can always pm me any questions?
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Bump
  • cassiemorris85
    cassiemorris85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I will be starting carb cycling soon. I am just trying to figure out my meal plan.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Thats cool! What cycle? Feel free to add me or message me if you have any questions!
  • Beavvv
    Beavvv Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm starting classic cycle on Monday :)
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Hi! Thats great! I will add you:)
  • charbear32
    charbear32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just started cycling today :)