How often are you working out?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    4 days a week, about 5 hours total. Heavy lifting, no cardio. I should probably do more but this is working for now.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,149 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day. I think the last time I took a couple days off was in mid-March because of the flu.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I workout 6-7 days a week. I'm in peak triathlon training mode right now, so I'm swimming 1-2 days a week, biking 2-3 days a week, and running 2-3 days a week....and one day is an "active rest day" - ie yoga, core work, or a hike or something...although sometimes to do take it as a full rest day.
  • Debra2011
    Debra2011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner, very overweight and out of shape, so I'm exercising every other day to build up strength and endurance slowly. In the past, I've jumped in and overdid it - that never worked. I'm using Fitstar and I really like it.
  • clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried Insanity?
  • gobonas99
    Options
    Anyone tried Insanity?

I've done Insanity a couple of times - it's tough, but it is a great program. I love Shaun T! :)
  • clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    thinking of doing an Insanity class at my gym, but nervous as looks like have to be super fit to get through it and im 28lbs over weight. Concerned about injury.
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It's really all a matter of personal preference and figuring out what works for you. Right now I'm exercising for an hour 5 days a week with rest days on the weekends. However, I have been informed that I will be increasing that to 6 days a week because I turn into a huge b**** when I don't get a workout in lol
  • irsyadnh
    irsyadnh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    irsyadnh wrote: »
    My routines is 5 day exercise 2 day rest day, but usually my friends invite me to play football/soccer that I can't resist on Sunday, yet it was my rest day schedule.

Maybe you can try HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), usually for cardio I go HIIT (You can use HIIT for weight too). HIIT is good for improve condition and fat burning. There is lot of reference about it.

I love HIIT!!!!

It was kicking my butt the first month though. I only do 2-3 days of it a week.

I hate and love HIIT equally.
    Tried Tabata once with weight and it was gruesome. I just start light as recommended. But my mistakes I think it just like my cardio. I can only done 6 of 8 rounds correctly and all of my muscles gone after that lol.
    I'll try it later since I need stick more with cardio than weightlifting.
  • gobonas99
    Options
    thinking of doing an Insanity class at my gym, but nervous as looks like have to be super fit to get through it and im 28lbs over weight. Concerned about injury.

I've never done an Insanity class, only the videos....but if the classes follow the same concept as the videos, then you just do what you can, modify when you need to and rest when you have to. I was 40 pounds overweight the last time I did it. :)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options

I've never done it but why not speak with the instructor privately about modification? You'll get an idea if you'll be comfortable. Everyone starts somewhere! :) Good luck!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    RHachicho wrote: »
    When it comes to exercise individual mileage varies a lot. Especially when you consider how intense your workouts are. If you're workouts are draining grueling slogfests that leave you sore and aching it probably isn't a good idea to do them every day. However if you are only putting in the time to make sure you don't lose fitness then you can probably do that as a regular daily thing. In general the body will respond to what you ask it to do provided it is not unreasonable. Learn to listen to your body. And I don't mean that can't be bothered feeling. If after putting in all that willpower you still can't muster yesterdays performance then your body probably hasn't recovered. Learn from that. For me I do an hour of lifting 3 times a week mon/wed/fri and I run 5k on tues/thur and 10k sat/sun. This for me is challenging without going overboard. To some people this will sound like a lot ... to others not so much.

It's about finding where YOU are no one can really tell you exactly how much to do.

That's about what my schedule will look like once I start back on lifting, with Sun a rest day (just stretching/yoga). It's all I can handle right now and I'm ok with that.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »
    Anyone tried Insanity?

I've done Insanity a couple of times - it's tough, but it is a great program. I love Shaun T! :)

yeah Insanity is awesome. it sucks the first month, not gonna lie. Then it's awesome.
  • PHStevenson
    PHStevenson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing all cardio. Slowly building up. I workout 7 days a week. I walk, run 30 min 1 day and 1 hr the next and flip flop so
    Monday- 30min
    Tuesday-1hr
    Wednesday-30min
    Thursday-1hr
    Friday-30min
    Saturday-1hr
    Sunday-30min
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I kind of don't work out...I just walk...20-25k a day...and it works for me. I'm pretty sure that I lost more muscle mass than people who lift, but I still look rather toned (genetics maybe). I'm happy with not sweating too much ;)
  • bewarethedog
    bewarethedog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I typically do 45-60 minutes a day. 30 minutes of cardio and 15 of strength. Sometimes more of either. A typical week looks something like this...

Monday: T25 video plus 15 minutes stationary bike
    Tuesday: 20 minutes of yoga plus 3 mile run
    Wednesday: 30 minutes stationary bike plus 15 minute body weight workout.
    Thursday: 20 minutes of yoga plus 3 mile run
    Friday: 30 minutes of weights plus short walk
    Saturday: T25 video plus 3 mile run
  • irsyadnh
    irsyadnh Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I've seen insanity once, but never tried it. But general rule, as long you have good rest and do proper movement you can minimize injury risk. Yet insanity is another form of HIIT. Currently, my BMI is 30.1(or overweight) and I'm still doing HIIT.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Monday: Walk dog minimum 10km
    Abs
    Tuesday: Run minimum 5km
    Strong Lifts/Ice Cream Fitness
    Walk dog minimum 8km
    Wednesday: Walk dog minimum 10km
    Abs
    Thursday: Run minimum 5km
    Walk dog minimum 8km
    Abs or optional no gym day
    Friday: Run minimum 5km
    Walk dog minimum 8km
    Saturday: Walk dog minimum 10km
    Abs
    Sunday: Run minimum 5km
    Walk dog minimum 8km

And when the weather and schedule permit I usually ride my bike 15 - 20 km 5 times a week.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Cardio-6x plus a long walk on my "rest day".
    Strength-3x.
    ^^ same