watermelon calories

Options

Replies

• salmaelbardissy
    salmaelbardissy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Okey how do you guys posts picture here i wanna show you the amount i ate today ;)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I only want to see a pic of it's on a scale.
  • salmaelbardissy
    salmaelbardissy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    I dont have one
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

^^ yup...
  • nmmd
    nmmd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to get a food scale. Get one that shows ounces and grams!! That way your never guessing :)
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I dont have one

so are you going to buy one or do we need to measure things out for you and post pictures of portion sizes?
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    the OP is told by other members in another posting of her, to weigh her food and get a food scale.

But i guess we get to post pictures of portions of food she want to eat. So she can log it accurately. Because apparently she dont get a scale and it is our responsibility to show her portion sizes.

You don't need to be snarky. I for one have a scale and like to see a comparison of items of say 100g. Learning visual sizes for when you can't rely on a scale is a good skill. My portion sizes were wayyy out of whack. Now, if you come on here acting like you are doing work for the OP and are annoyed by her asking-please leave the thread.
  • bbontheb
    Options
    460mustang wrote: »
    mttaj1we92i6.jpg

I'm not OP but I was curious about a pic. I don't eat watermelon but like to see the pics of food at certain weights (haha). So, thank you for posting this!
  • bbontheb
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    I dont have one

so are you going to buy one or do we need to measure things out for you and post pictures of portion sizes?

Rude.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think photos of food are a poor way to judge their weight. Sizes in photos are extremely deceiving since they are all relative to the other things in the photo. I'm pretty sure I could shoot a photo of my eleven pound dog and make her look like a Saint Bernard.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    maasha81 wrote: »
    Now I want ice cold watermelon with some feta cheese and touch of mint leaves

that sounds like my entire summer
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I dont have one

Then get one! Trust me, they make a world of difference. :smile:

Here's a link to one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004164SRA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1433361288&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=food+scale&dpPl=1&dpID=51RcCqW6n8L&ref=plSrch

Happy Weighing!!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think photos of food are a poor way to judge their weight. Sizes in photos are extremely deceiving since they are all relative to the other things in the photo. I'm pretty sure I could shoot a photo of my eleven pound dog and make her look like a Saint Bernard.
    This.

Since I have that exact brand of scale, I can use the size of the scale as a gauge for the size of the bowl and the watermelon.

One option is to include a ruler or a quarter or something so that the size of the things in the picture can be determined.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    the OP is told by other members in another posting of her, to weigh her food and get a food scale.

But i guess we get to post pictures of portions of food she want to eat. So she can log it accurately. Because apparently she dont get a scale and it is our responsibility to show her portion sizes.

You don't need to be snarky. I for one have a scale and like to see a comparison of items of say 100g. Learning visual sizes for when you can't rely on a scale is a good skill. My portion sizes were wayyy out of whack. Now, if you come on here acting like you are doing work for the OP and are annoyed by her asking-please leave the thread.

the point is that OP places post about she is gaining weight ( other post) how to lose etc

Members here try to help her, but she dont react on the fact that she most weigh her food to log more accurately.
    Now we get the weigh food for her and post pictures of what the food portion looks like of the foods she wants to eat????
    Little bit crazy dont you think?

We are not talking here about one post you know. Or people dont want to help her.

She just dont weigh her food and now we have to do it for her lol I think it is her journey, her goal and road. We gave her advice. But it is her own decisions and responsibility to take that advice or ignore it.

Nothing snarky about saying the truth.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

indeed and like i wrote before.
    Are the people here going to post all the food she ask for now for her daily intake?

Would be kinda hilarious, i admit.

• Coolhandkid
    Coolhandkid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was actually a little surprised watermelon had as many calories as it does when I had some recently (read: an admittedly enormous piece). I thought it was "98% water".
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I had 710g of watermelon as a snack.
    Depending how I took the picture and if I left nothing in for scale, it could easily look to be 200g or so.

Asking for pictures is largely useless
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Oh man, watermelon. Several years ago two of my relatives went on a health kick and constantly informed us about all the foods they couldn't eat, they were poison, etc. Watermelon was apparently the worst fruit you could eat because "it had the most sugar". Even back then I thought how could this be? It's so watery! Turns out they meant on a strict "% of calories provided by sugar" basis. The fact that on an absolute basis, watermelon is low in sugar and calories, apparently meant nothing because SUGAR.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I want to know who eats only 100 grams of watermelon. Watermelon has .3 calories per gram, you can have a little more.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Abby2205 wrote: »
    Oh man, watermelon. Several years ago two of my relatives went on a health kick and constantly informed us about all the foods they couldn't eat, they were poison, etc. Watermelon was apparently the worst fruit you could eat because "it had the most sugar". Even back then I thought how could this be? It's so watery! Turns out they meant on a strict "% of calories provided by sugar" basis. The fact that on an absolute basis, watermelon is low in sugar and calories, apparently meant nothing because SUGAR.

WeightWatchers perpetuated this myth, at least a while ago, they did. Every time my grandmother saw me eating some, she'd say the same thing. "You know, WeightWatchers says that's the only fruit you're not supposed to eat because it has so much sugar in it."

I'm not surprised it's still floating around.