Gaining weight - Females

Are there any ladies trying to gain weight? Any success?

Replies

• stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    I've gained around 10lbs since Christmas and have found that doing it controlled and slowly has led to less of a gian of body fat. Find your TDEE and gradually increase cals by 100-200 calories a week until you see the scales go up. I aim for 2lbs a month weight gain to keep the addition of body fat low. Oats, potatoes, pasta, rice, bananas, beans, bread, bagels are all your friend when gaining weight. Oh and pizza and ice cream is ok occasionally too to keep you on track and prevent bingeing. Good luck!
  • SBednarcik
    SBednarcik Posts: 3 Member
    As of three weeks ago, I am trying and progress seems slow. I unintentionally lost 9 lbs due to stress which caused lack of appetite. I was 110 lbs when I noticed. I'm usually 119 lbs at 5'7". I am at 111 now... :/
  • priss831566
    priss831566 Posts: 4 Member
    SBednarcik wrote: »
    As of three weeks ago, I am trying and progress seems slow. I unintentionally lost 9 lbs due to stress which caused lack of appetite. I was 110 lbs when I noticed. I'm usually 119 lbs at 5'7". I am at 111 now... :/

I'm in a similar boat. Stress and anxiety have taken a toll, but I didn't realize how unhealthy my weight was until recently. I'm interested to see what has helped others gain, without adding lots of junk food. I don't have much appetite.
  • SBednarcik
    SBednarcik Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in a similar boat. Stress and anxiety have taken a toll, but I didn't realize how unhealthy my weight was until recently. I'm interested to see what has helped others gain, without adding lots of junk food. I don't have much appetite.

Not having an appetite makes it difficult. That's one of the reasons I like the MyFitnessPal app. I take it as a challenge to meet my calorie goal so often times, I end up eating even if I'm not hungry just so I can meet the goal.

One of the posters above stated "Oats, potatoes, pasta, rice, bananas, beans, bread, bagels are all your friend when gaining weight. " I found this to be true. I've been eating bagels, pancakes, burgers, granola bars and cereal plus other foods and have gained 2 lbs since my last post on 6/3/15. Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Took me about 7 months to gain back the 35 I lost while pregnant. I still backslide occasionally if I skip a few breakfasts or something. I started lifting 5 weeks pp (again I lifted before) and I just ate like 2600 - 3000 a day. Protein powder, pasta, eggs, burgers!