need to lose 12 pounds

Options
First time on this. Id like to lose 15 pnds! And start my fitness routine which i miss. I feel so far from my goal when last year i was in the best shape of my life... but im pushing to get back there and not feel down.

Age 31
5'4
Weight june1 143

Replies

• losingitseattle
    losingitseattle Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    http://www.builtlean.com/2010/05/04/ideal-body-weight-formula-how-to-calculate-your-ideal-weight/

This is helpful when shooting for a goal weight because it tells you if it's a) realistic and b) incorporates body fat % which is a critical measurement.

Good luck!
  • angeleyez0800gmail
    angeleyez0800gmail Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. Whats your story?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    15 lbs is not far from goal. I'm the same height and remember being 143 (I started at 163ish though). You got this. Just maintain a moderate deficit, you'll feel great even once you lose the first couple pounds. I find that at our height, just getting into the 130s makes a big difference.
  • angeleyez0800gmail
    angeleyez0800gmail Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For sure. Once im at 135 u really notice it. 2 years ago i got to 132! I felt amazing. Then between october last year till now gained it back. Im sticking to 1200 cals a day and jogging 30 minutes. Im hoping to add a morning run next week cause i get stuck once at 137. How much u way now???
  • cassiane88
    cassiane88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi. I am starting today! I am 145 and 5'7. i want to drop to 125. Wish me luck!!
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been here for just over 35 days...lost 14lbs so far...currently 144 as of 1st June, 5ft3 age 34 (until Sunday ;) )
    Sooo have similar goal for the rest of my journey ...If you want to add me :)
  • crezgui
    crezgui Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs between Jan and beginning of May. Took off the month of May and want to lose another 20... starting back at the gym and Cleaning up my diet again. ..
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    For sure. Once im at 135 u really notice it. 2 years ago i got to 132! I felt amazing. Then between october last year till now gained it back. Im sticking to 1200 cals a day and jogging 30 minutes. Im hoping to add a morning run next week cause i get stuck once at 137. How much u way now???

About 132. 130 on a good day, 133 on a high day :)
  • tlpco
    tlpco Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 15lbs by October 2. I was able to get to my goal weight of 129 twice on my fitness pal but I've gained it back. I'm so mad at myself. Fitness is not a problem for me it's the sugar and stress eating. I'm 5'6" and now weigh 144!!!!