Out to eat! NOT.

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I think some people think when they come to a calorie counting site that we will all be eating baked chicken and steamed broccoli.

I hated steamed broccoli...or any vegetable just steamed. I will go for roasted in olive oil any day. Maybe throw on a little cheese to make it look good.

So I guess homemade burgers on King's Hawaiian buns isn't what people on calorie counting sites eat? You mean I've been doing it all wrong? :wink:

Meh, let em think it, I'll nom nom on my burger anyway, at least it's (partly) homemade! :laugh:

Shame on you for buying those Hawaiian buns...

No excuse now...go make some.

http://www.food.com/recipe/kings-hawaiian-sweet-bread-393036

Ain't nobody got time for that! Haha!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    maktuners wrote: »
    Why are so many of the examples to choose from have to be a store bought item or from a restaurant? Everyone knows It is better homemade for calorie counting and usually fat and sugar content. :)

I eat out a ton and never see entries for my food. Probably because I hate chains and only eat out if I know someone is actually in the kitchen cooking my food rather than heating up frozen meals, as happens at EVERY "FAST CASUAL" RESTAURANT YOU KNOW.

Store bought items and chain restaurant items are in the database because they are out there and easy to find. There are also plenty of home cooked items in the RECIPE database. I cook meals from Real Simple magazine regularly, and they are easily linked from the Recipes section on MFP.

I don't understand your beef. You don't like that food items with easily uploaded nutritional info are in the database? Girl, you crazy.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Because life outside of home is delicious. Eat it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Because some days you just don't feel like cooking.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Society is fast paced and not everyone has the same taste in food. Me, I eat a variety homemade ,restaurant ,fast food. My fitness pal is very accommodating to all different lifestyles. I absolutely love this app and have met a lot of awesome people on here!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Is there a term for sanctimonious dieters?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Is there a term for sanctimonious dieters?

Sanctinomy?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my dinner is peanut butter straight from the jar, shop bought. Do i disugust you?

Because you don't make your peanut butter from scratch, yes!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    because sometimes people like to go out to dinner and enjoy themselves, and not worry so much about calorie counting….
  • raelynnsmama52512
    edited June 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Sometimes my dinner is peanut butter straight from the jar, shop bought. Do i disugust you?

Because you don't make your peanut butter from scratch, yes!

This thread could almost make it to the sanctimommy page on Facebook, if it were pertaining to kids. :wink:
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have this extreme Char-Crusted Ahi Tuna fetish at Bristol right down the road from me - the inside is a replica of the bar and dining area of the Titanic. It's awesome there. Lunch - Chipotle - but they measure the portions so that's why it's convenient and no GMO on my orders. But that tuna, omg I could eat POUNDS of it.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Why are so many of the examples to choose from have to be a store bought item or from a restaurant? Everyone knows It is better homemade for calorie counting and usually fat and sugar content. :)

Because I f'n love twinkies.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Home cooked dinner ? You mean science experiment gone wrong.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Is OP talking about entries in the database? The home made entires are absolutely useless because you have no idea what the ingredients are. I'm yet to find an 'ingredient' which is not in the database. I'm grateful that the storebought ands restaurant entries are there.

I don't get this post at all.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    To specifically upset you, OP.

Every day, I wake up and say to myself: "How can I upset some random internet troll with my dietary habits?".

And the answer is always the same: "Eat prepackaged/restaurant food. That'll really stick in their craw! They'll simultaneously fret in confused anger and be fake concerned all day!"

Then I laugh maniacally while eating toast.

Best way to start my day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Every day, I wake up and say to myself: "How can I upset some random internet troll with my dietary habits?".

And the answer is always the same: "Eat prepackaged/restaurant food. That'll really stick in their craw! They'll simultaneously fret in confused anger and be fake concerned all day!"

You, I like.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Because last night I was an hour from home from 4-9:30, so it was either eat something while I was in a different city or stop when I got home because there was no way I was cooking that late. So I went to Taco Bell.

Because last week my mom and I met with a longtime friend for lunch. Restaurants are great for socializing along with eating. And since we went to Cheesecake Factory, I could figure out what would fit into my calories.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

Obviously you haven't seen the way I cook. Butter, yeah, about 6 TBSPs, cheese, hell yeah, is 8oz enough??
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Oh my god I laughed so hard I nearly fell off my couch.

4 hours of sleep is doing a number on me.

To be on topic:

If I had to never eat out in order to lose weight, I wouldn't lose weight. I have, however, cut back to going out for lunch/dinner 2 times per week because so many places are calorie bombs, plus that money is better spent on groceries. I cook up a big portion of something on the weekends, divide it out and freeze it, and there's dinner dealt with so I'm not picking up food because I don't feel like cooking.

~Lyssa
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP must be a blast to hang out with ….