Queen of sweet tooth hacks!

CSLoseWeight2015
CSLoseWeight2015 Posts: 9 Member
weight watchers trick from days of old:

Freeze cool whip between two chocolate graham crackers. 200 calories or so and its almost like ice cream!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    But 200 calories of ice-cream...or gelato. Not that I don't like graham crackers.
  • CSLoseWeight2015
    Oh and it's two sheets of Graham's, not squares!
  • CSLoseWeight2015
    Agreed, but you have to be able to stop at 200 calories...lol...the graham cracker treat feels like a lot... It's more mind tricks than preference to ice cream, which happens to be my weakness :)
  • arditarose
    Agreed, but you have to be able to stop at 200 calories...lol...the graham cracker treat feels like a lot... It's more mind tricks than preference to ice cream, which happens to be my weakness :)

I hear you. I do a bit of moderation with really good stuff, and a bit of some Edy's slow churned with PB2 when I want higher volume.
  • CSLoseWeight2015
    arditarose wrote: »

I hear you. I do a bit of moderation with really good stuff, and a bit of some Edy's slow churned with PB2 when I want higher volume.

That's something to consider! Thanks! :) maybe I can try like 1-200 calories of ice cream combined with some berries for filler... That just might work lol

• arditarose

That's something to consider! Thanks! :) maybe I can try like 1-200 calories of ice cream combined with some berries for filler... That just might work lol

Yeah, I like doing that. I use oreo cookies as add ins too. Half a pint of stony field chocolate frozen yogurt, 12 grams of pb2, and one oreo..less than 300 calories :)
  • CSLoseWeight2015
    Oh wow! Totally good to know!
  • CSLoseWeight2015
    I saw online frozen yogurt bits! Fresh fruit dipped in Greek yogurt and frozen.!that sounds god!
  • arditarose
    I was actually thinking about making some kind of frozen yogurt bar with a graham cracker as the base
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    For the same 200 calories, I'll take two sheets of graham crackers with a 1 oz packet of cream cheese. Or splurge another 25 calories and add some jam. Not cheesecake, but pretty satisfying.

Nutella/lemon curd/ jam on water crackers. (75 calories)

Berries (1 cup) (85 calories) and cream (1/2&1/2) (2Tbsp). (125 calories)

• CSLoseWeight2015
    For the same 200 calories, I'll take two sheets of graham crackers with a 1 oz packet of cream cheese. Or splurge another 25 calories and add some jam. Not cheesecake, but pretty satisfying.

Nutella/lemon curd/ jam on water crackers. (75 calories)

Berries (1 cup) (85 calories) and cream (1/2&1/2) (2Tbsp). (125 calories)

All that sounds delicious! I love that I'm getting all these ideas! Thanks!
  • CSLoseWeight2015
    I was actually thinking about making some kind of frozen yogurt bar with a graham cracker as the base

That'd be awesome

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    The ice cream I like best is 140 calories for half a cup, which if you eat slowly is a pretty good serving size. Nothing wrong with your dessert, but if I want ice cream I'd rather have actual ice cream.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    For the same 200 calories you can have some Special K pastry crisps with 30g of good ice cream in the middle!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    For the 200 cals I can have a serving of my own homemade ice cream!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    weight watchers trick from days of old:

Freeze cool whip between two chocolate graham crackers. 200 calories or so and its almost like ice cream!

YUM! I do enjoy a half cup of ice cream, but sometimes the "crunch" is what I need too :)