Water...how much and how often

Options
So I was reading about how much water one should consume everyday and after doing some math, I'm supposed to be downing at least 95oz of water a day. That's a lot of water. I've been doing 4, 16.9oz bottles a day and am having a tough time getting that much down. How in the world is someone supposed to drink that much when they aren't thirsty? I literally have to force myself to drink the 64oz, I'm not sure how I can ever drink 95oz. Anyone have any ideas or advice?

Replies

• bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    your water intake doesn't just come from "drinking" water...it also includes the water you take in in your daily food...fruits, veggies...etc. :D
  • eelozano
    eelozano Posts: 8
    Options
    I think you should stop worrying about a specific number for water a day. To quote the mayo clinic,

"if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) or more of colorless or slightly yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

Keep in mind that you get a good portion of your water from the food you eat.
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bbush18 is right, but regardless, my recommended daily intake is like 120 ounces a day and I try my best to get to that. normally I would drink maybe like 75oz. a day without meaning to though. I drink a lot, so its still hard to get to 120oz but not insanely hard. I find that I lose a lot more weight when I drink half my body weight in ounces, so it's worth the bazillion pee breaks. haha. the good news is that the more weight you lose, the less you need to drink. (: I used to be drinking 140oz a day. maybe in the next year I'll be drinking 90oz! haha.