How far do you commute to the gym?

Options

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I use the free gym at my work during the week. I go to Planet Fatness on the weekends. It's only a mile from my house, and I joined a pool at our middle school for lap swimming when I only get to once or twice a week.It's about 3 miles away.

Distance totally impacts how often I go to which gym.
  • karlydarlynn
    karlydarlynn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    15 minute bike ride, and a less than 5 minute drive, I usually go before work and drive there but on days where Im not working I bike.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If I go after work it's only about 5 minutes (if traffic isn't bad). If I am coming from my house it's about 25 minutes.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    During the week the gym is about 20 minutes out of the way. When I workout on Sunday, its a 45 minute drive each way. Nothing will stop me from being the best I can be! :)
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    20-30 minutes by bike, depending on the route I take.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    On my way home from work but about 10 or 15 min driving time depending on traffic.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    4 blocks away.... Could probably walk but I do not because I don't think I could make the walk back.... Not to mention it's starting to break 100 degrees everyday
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I just switched to a new Gym that is only 6 minutes from my house. I love it much more than the gym that took me more than 30 minutes to get there. This new gym has more free weights and cardio equipment than the old one that I went to so I'll definitely go more often now.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    7 miles, so about 10-15 minutes each way. I train in the morning, before work. Some days, I just go directly to work after the gym.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    5 minutes or less each way. It's great. :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    45 minutes to the gym and then 30 minutes to work. There are a lot of gyms closer (like the one across the street from my house), but none of them have everything I need (including my coaches)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    30 minutes/24 miles.
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Used to be 15 minutes away but only found myself going twice a week.

Built my own in the basement and now workout 6 days a week. Just much more time and cost efficient for me.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I bought an Equinox membership since there are 3 branches only a few minute's walk from my office. (Sundays are more of an issue lately.)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    About 7 mins, used to be 50mins, but moved. Proximity must have an important diect relationship between how often you go, getting in there is half the battle. Being so close I can nip home and go back later.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    13-15 minutes with no traffic. 20 minutes with. totally worth the drive. Love my gym!
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Mine is a ten minute walk- I am enjoying it right now, but we'll see in the winter!
  • kaassiia
    kaassiia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just learned there is a grand opening at an LA Fitness near me and it has a pool! Looks like I'll be switching over ;) sorry Crunch Fitness
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    It's about a 5 minute walk. I go after work and my commute from work is an hour though.