Finally out of the 190's

Options
So I just got into the 180's for the first time in many months.

I've lost about 20 pounds since Early April, or about 2 months ago.

I can't really tell much of a difference, and I didn't take any photos so I took my first pictures yesterday for reference use later.

Any tips?

Replies

• moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Fantastic loss. My tip would be keep doing what your doing. It will soon start to show.
  • forthemoney
    forthemoney Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm right behind you -- 190.8. I've only been (back) on MFP for 2.5 weeks and down 7 pounds. I know I haven't lost as much as you, but for what it's worth, I don't see it yet either. But I know I will. And I also know that no matter what I *look* like, I *feel* so much better because I'm eating so much more healthfully. I agree with moss11 -- Nice job! Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.
  • Thanasi99
    Thanasi99 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    moss11 wrote: »
    Fantastic loss. My tip would be keep doing what your doing. It will soon start to show.

Thank you very much for the motivation and support!
  • Thanasi99
    Thanasi99 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm right behind you -- 190.8. I've only been (back) on MFP for 2.5 weeks and down 7 pounds. I know I haven't lost as much as you, but for what it's worth, I don't see it yet either. But I know I will. And I also know that no matter what I *look* like, I *feel* so much better because I'm eating so much more healthfully. I agree with moss11 -- Nice job! Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.

That's a great start for only 2.5 weeks! It took me almost that long to lose my first 2 pounds. Thank you again for the motivation and support, and I wish luck on your journey as well!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    fantastic! I started at 5'6" and 200 and no one noticed until I had almost 30 pounds gone. I currently weigh 141 and have a friend I haven't seen in about 3 months and she couldn't get over how much I had lost since she last saw me--even though it's only about 10 pounds.

So don't expect very noticeable loss at first. It's kind of like clothing sizes--you're probably still wearing your fat clothes, right? But the closer you get to goal, the fewer pounds in between sizes. It's weird.
  • QueenofGuac
    QueenofGuac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get into the 190s! I've been in the 200s for what seems like forever! I've lost about 25 pounds and I have yet to see much of a difference. Once I started buying smaller clothes more people started noticing. I wore a smaller pair of leggings to a work out class and someone told me they noticed my weight loss even though it really had only been about 10 pounds! I was so happy!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Focus on how you feel in your clothes - I made the same mistake of not taking pictures and I could swear I look exactly the same, but pants that I had to lie down to button before are now hanging off me.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Early on, I lost quite a bit of weight in areas that I didn't realize were fat, so the things I was expecting to drop tended to stay puffy. Then it just sort of disappeared.
  • eva_pogossian
    eva_pogossian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!
    Would you be so kind to tell me about your weight loss plan? I am just starting it. I'm currently 6 feet and 230 kg (don't judge please).
    Thank you for your attention, good luck!
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it going by doing what you are doing. I too am right behind you at 192 this a.m. My tip would be to don't forget to drink lots of water...whenever I increase my water intake the scale is usually good to me that week ;)
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It took about 20 pounds for people to notice. Now I'm almost at 40 pounds and I've had people not recognize me.