watermelon calories

Options
13»

Replies

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    the OP is told by other members in another posting of her, to weigh her food and get a food scale.

But i guess we get to post pictures of portions of food she want to eat. So she can log it accurately. Because apparently she dont get a scale and it is our responsibility to show her portion sizes.

You don't need to be snarky. I for one have a scale and like to see a comparison of items of say 100g. Learning visual sizes for when you can't rely on a scale is a good skill. My portion sizes were wayyy out of whack. Now, if you come on here acting like you are doing work for the OP and are annoyed by her asking-please leave the thread.

the point is that OP places post about she is gaining weight ( other post) how to lose etc

Members here try to help her, but she dont react on the fact that she most weigh her food to log more accurately.
    Now we get the weigh food for her and post pictures of what the food portion looks like of the foods she wants to eat????
    Little bit crazy dont you think?

We are not talking here about one post you know. Or people dont want to help her.

She just dont weigh her food and now we have to do it for her lol I think it is her journey, her goal and road. We gave her advice. But it is her own decisions and responsibility to take that advice or ignore it.

Nothing snarky about saying the truth.

Yes, it comes across as snarky. Not very helpful tone by far. No, I don't consider it a "little bit crazy." If you don't want to be helpful, why not post elsewhere. Truth doesn't mean you have to be rude. Apparently "she don't get a scale and its our responsibility to show her portion sizes"....yes, sounds pretty snarky. No one is saying it's your responsibility. She is asking for help, you are acting rude.

• bbontheb
    Options
    Oh, and BTW she might not have funds to buy a scale right now or ability to get one. I think you made your point. We can still be helpful without making more people feel bad about posting on MFP.
  • cupcake122014
    cupcake122014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Oh, and BTW she might not have funds to buy a scale right now or ability to get one. I think you made your point. We can still be helpful without making more people feel bad about posting on MFP.

I totally agree @bbontheb!!! Thank you for speaking up. It sickens and saddens me to see grown adults acting like childhood bullies. An all too frequent occurrence. Let's keep it positive and help one another. If you can't be positive, or present your concern in a caring and constructive way, DONT POST!!! I have a theory that the MFP bullies are unsuccessful in regards to their own health goals, so they sit around eating crap and spreading their negativity in an attempt to make themselves feel better. If that same energy were to be channeled into some form of exercise I bet they would all be much happier people.
  • bbontheb
    Options
    Thank you ^ I totally agree!!!!