Far too busy

Options
My work load has suddenly tripled and I'm finding it very hard to ballance weight loss with work. I'm still eating well but I am so knackered afterwards that I don't work out, and because of that, my weight loss has practically slowed to a stop. Any tips on how I can manage them both and motivate myself even when I really don't feel like it?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Losing weight doesn't take time out of your day. You need to eat in a deficit. You can do that without exercising at all. Just eat less. Although, I do recommend you exercise by waking up an hour earlier every day and do some resistance training.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Weight loss comes from eating less calories.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Eat less. Weight loss comes from eating less calories.

This.... You eat regardless, just eat less. It'll probably take you less time eat!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    My work load has suddenly tripled and I'm finding it very hard to ballance weight loss with work. I'm still eating well but I am so knackered afterwards that I don't work out, and because of that, my weight loss has practically slowed to a stop. Any tips on how I can manage them both and motivate myself even when I really don't feel like it?

How many hours a week are you now working?

If you're weight loss has "practically slowed to a stop", congrats, you're still losing weight! Don't be too downhearted.

Exercising seems to give me more energy. I felt terrible when I wasn't walking every day. Any chance you can walk to/from work, or walk for half an hour at lunch?
  • JahanLindy
    JahanLindy Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You can try these hope it works! :smiley:
  • WeoooBeans
    WeoooBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Like the others have been saying -- if you don't have time to work out, just eat at a deficit. You don't have to work out to lose weight. And, if anything, you can work out on one of your breaks if your breaks are long enough to allow that.

Good luck!
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    if you are tired due to physically working all day then you don't need to exercise i would have thought.
    Otherwise make time. Unless your work is more important than your health and longevity

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Losing weight doesn't take time out of your day. You need to eat in a deficit. You can do that without exercising at all. Just eat less. Although, I do recommend you exercise by waking up an hour earlier every day and do some resistance training.

and in order to ensure you are in a deficit use a food scale. I suspect you feel you are in a deficit now but if weight loss has stopped you are eating more than you think.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago, my workload increased drastically. Looking back, the one thing I regret most about that time period was that I didn't allocate time for exercise. I gained several pounds during that time. Though I know that it isn't necessary to exercise to lose weight, I'm convinced that the lack of exercise, combined with the stress of the day is what made it difficult for me to stay away from the vending machines. Then I would go home in the evenings and eat something quick before falling into bed. After that experience, I'm beginning to think it is okay to say, "I'm busy, I have to ride my bike."
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You have the same time in your day as everyone else. Prioritize.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yep, the previous posters are correct. You don't have to workout to lose weight. Weight loss comes from eating a deficit. Health and body composition comes from working out.
  • susiemeri
    susiemeri Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Any chance of waking up earlier? I have a difficult time eating at a deficit if I don't balance it with exercise, so I wake up before everyone else in the house and walk for an hour. Gives me some extra calories to play with.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

co sign .

if your weight loss slowed it means that your are eating more.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I lost my extra weight with NO exercise at all. If you've been factoring in exercise into your calorie allotment, then you need to re-run your info and adjust your calorie deficit accordingly.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you're not moving as much-readjust. You might have to shave off 100 calories per day and be very precise in your logging. Try to keep at least a day or two for some exercise and activity though.
  • lindseyyoungg
    lindseyyoungg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've recently found a workout that is AMAZING. It's 28 mins of a guide mon wed fri, 30 mins of walking or jogging the other 3. Sunday is an off day. Is the best thing I've ever found, message me if you'd like me to send it to you! It's difficult, but I find it's easy to fit in with busy schedules being only 28 mins, and it works!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I've recently found a workout that is AMAZING. It's 28 mins of a guide mon wed fri, 30 mins of walking or jogging the other 3. Sunday is an off day. Is the best thing I've ever found, message me if you'd like me to send it to you! It's difficult, but I find it's easy to fit in with busy schedules being only 28 mins, and it works!!

didn't you post this in another thread…????

are you spamming...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Exercise will give you more energy.

Get up early in the morning and get it out of the way early if you must.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

didn't you post this in another thread…????

are you spamming...

This is the 3rd I've seen it in now.