Arm pit fat

I'm hoping people understand what I mean by arm pit fat.... That little bunch of fat that is really noticeable when you wear a tank top, strapless dress, etc.

Wondering if anyone knows of any exercises to tone up this area?

Thanks!

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    I tuck my armpit fat into my bra and double my boob size!!!
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Lol!!!!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    It's boobs! You need a bigger bra. Also get a tapered one like the wonderbra every day bra.
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    I have that.... And I hate them. They make me look so much fatter :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    edited June 2015
    You mean like this?

afp20000501p2799-f2.jpg

I have that, and it isn't fat - it's axillary breast tissue. Basically breast tissue that's in the wrong place. It's found in up to 6% of women. Unfortunately, it won't go away with diet or exercise, only plastic surgery.
  • pineapple_peach10
    You mean like this?

I have that, and it isn't fat - it's axillary breast tissue. Basically breast tissue that's in the wrong place. It's found in up to 6% of women. Unfortunately, it won't go away with diet or exercise, only plastic surgery.

Uh yeah that lovely stuff! Aww that sucks!!! Oh well, guess I will need to start tucking it in lol.

Thanks for the responses!
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Higher armpitted tops?
    It can be caused by having badly fitting bras and bra straps being too tight too.

But yeah I can't seem to get rid of mine either, imbfairly sure it's not possible. It is slightly better at higher weights on me/less noticeable. I've got a lovely line of wrinkles under mine to boot. Lol.
  • pineapple_peach10
    Sounds like I'm not the only one who is bothered by it!!! Up until right now I always assumed it was fat that could be targeted with weight lifting.

I am so disappointed lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    I'm planning to have kine removed when I get down to a healthy weight. It's one of my biggest inspirations
  • pineapple_peach10
    I'm planning to have kine removed when I get down to a healthy weight. It's one of my biggest inspirations

That's good motivation!!! It something I've always been self conscious about. Would be nice to have that are nice and smooth instead of a big lump of fat lol
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    If it's just fat it will be gone once you are a low enough body fat percentage.