Breakfast Ideas

Options
MalanyaChmy
MalanyaChmy Posts: 8 Member
looking for breakfast ideas under 350. Any suggestions?

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    so many ideas. heres a few:

Oatmeal: the variations are endless! to put it simply, 1 serving of dry uncooked oats (1/2 cup) is 150 calories. I cook mine with water. The rest could be whatever mix ins you like; fruit, nuts, nut butter, etc. It's delicious baked.

Greek yogurt with berries/nuts

Egg (or egg white) sandwich. english muffin/ 100 cal sandwich thin/ 100 cal pita pocket, canadian bacon or turkey sausage, cheddar and 1/4 cup egg whites is around there.

cereal with milk or almond milk

quiche/ fritatta- again whatever mix ins you like!

Almost all of these you can make ahead for the whole week. that's what I do. :)

• MalanyaChmy
    MalanyaChmy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Been having Greek yogurt berries and buds now for a week need a change up
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Little frittatas made in a muffin tin to grab and go. Protein bar with an apple. Grilled turkey or chicken wrapped in a mini pita pocket or lettuce leaves. I have fun with leftovers - no one said breakfast had to be "breakfast food".
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Whole grain English muffin(120) two teaspoons butter(70) 2 whole eggs(140), total 330 calories.
  • c_youngson
    c_youngson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What works for me is. 200g red meat
    20g raw almonds and some veg or spinach fry it all up. Full of protein and fat with added nutrition from what ever veg u throw in there
  • runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pancake!
    1 egg
    15 gms plain flour
    40 mls skimmed milk
    Whizz in the blender. Heat large non-stick frying pan/griddle. Cook pancake both sides.
    Fill with warmed berries, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a drizzle of runny honey. Add some low fat yogurt if you like it.
    The pancake is around 140 depending on the weight of the egg of course, and you can control all the extra calories in your filling to suit yourself.
    Enjoy.
  • rebt1965
    rebt1965 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Will definitely try this!
  • HopeX94
    HopeX94 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1) 1 slice of whole grain brown bread, with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter to spread then get half a banana cut it into slices and put on the bread, if you want you can put some honey on it (your choice).

2) 1 slice whole grain brown bread. Mashed avocado on it to spread and 4 slices of tomatoe on it.

3) lettuce, one boiled egg I slice and mix with the lettuce and half a cup of tuna

4) brown bread with baked beans and scrambled egg

5) you can also have plain yogurt, mash into it one banana and put some walnut in it ( you can have this as a snack as well) very filling
  • urrn4u
    urrn4u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the protein shake. Almond Milk, Protein Powder, PB2, Egg Beaters, Cocoa Powder, Cinnamon, 1/2 banana, 3 ice cubes, 1 tsp SF Butterscotch pudding - blend. You can also add/try SF Carnation Instant Breakfast, fruit of any kind, Ground Flax, SF Carmel, or SF Chocolate Sauce - those are just some of the things I use and change up in my shakes.
  • belleamore1234
    belleamore1234 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    runrascal wrote: »
    Pancake!
    1 egg
    15 gms plain flour
    40 mls skimmed milk
    Whizz in the blender. Heat large non-stick frying pan/griddle. Cook pancake both sides.
    Fill with warmed berries, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a drizzle of runny honey. Add some low fat yogurt if you like it.
    The pancake is around 140 depending on the weight of the egg of course, and you can control all the extra calories in your filling to suit yourself.
    Enjoy.

deffo trying this thankyou!
  • FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oatmeal!
    40 grams of oats (150 kcal) cooked in water with cinnamon, vanilla extract, sweetener of choice (I use Splenda) and a pinch of salt, and top it with banana slices (100 grams are about 90 kcal) and whatever else you choose. :) Oatmeal is so versatile. Sometimes I'll add chocolate powder to make it more interesting, or a spoon of jam if I want to get weird!
    When cooking it I use little water, to make it thicker, but that's up to you. And a tip is to add a splash of milk after cooking it, that way it turns out creamier.
    Oh and make sure to weigh everything :)
  • JenksinGA
    JenksinGA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The past two days, I've done a slice of 60 calorie wheat bread, smeared with 1/4 of an avocado and topped with an over-easy egg. Delicious and filling.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It sounds weird, but microwaving eggs in a safe dish are so good. People sometimes cringe at the word microwave but I swear by it. I'm busy in the morning so I can't get to the stove every time. This saves me. Sometimes I even bring the egg(and whatever veggies) to work with me.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do 2 eggs with 4 slices of turkey bacon. I can't eat eggs plain so I add some combination of salsa/jalapenos/onions/parsley/celery/sweet peppers to make it work. You can even sprinkle some parmesan or other shredded cheese on it and still be under 350.
  • Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like to spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, line the cups with a slice of ham or turkey, crack an egg in it, a little bit of salt, and into the oven at 350. Cook it to your liking. Reheats well at work and so easy.
  • winelover321
    winelover321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about pancakes? This is a really good recipe and has low calories too!

http://www.spoonstix.com/how-to-make-fluffy-healthy-banana-walnut-pancakes-in-hawaiian-style/
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/03/kale-chorizo-frittata/

i plugged the recipe into mfp, and it came out to 272 calories per serving.

Kale+Chorizo+Strata+above.jpg
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes - Trader Joes Creamy Unsalted Peanut Butter
    Stash Premium - Breakfast In Paris Black Tea
    Small - Banana, 2 oz without skin
    Super Grains - Power Seeds Organic Bread, 1 slice

My breakfast is about 299 most days.