Calves getting bigger!!!! Help

Options
96nbc3doxcfj.jpg
ml7bx4j33lt3.jpg
Sooooo my calves are getting bigger and I'm struggling to fit my jeans over them!!!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Buy bigger jeans...

Nice wheels :)
  • steffie113
    steffie113 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is not a solution, as they would be to bug around my waist... Derrrrrr
  • steffie113
    Options
    *big
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Buy less skinny jeans. Not bigger sized
  • SarahCrawte
    SarahCrawte Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try top shop jeans the make called Jono is quite stretchy but still look like normal jeans
  • steffie113
    Options
    But my goal is for my legs to get leaner not bigger... This is what I want help with.
    How to change my exercise routine up, and what i should be doing differently.
    Girls should not have legs this big.
  • steffie113
    Options
    And what are wheels????
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Your legs aren't big. You have muscle. Which is awesome. Better than twig legs imo! Leaner just means less fat.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I can see very little body fat on your legs, so if you want to get smaller, you will have to lose muscle. Exercise less and adapt your calories accordingly, or find a different type of exercise not focusing so much on legs. Although why anyone would want to have less muscle, it is something I have personally trouble understanding.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    steffie113 wrote: »
    And what are wheels????

Legs.

Guns = arms
  • steffie113
    Options
    Silly me... Hehe (wheels)
  • steffie113
    Options
    So I need to exercise less then to get legs like say for example Taylor Swift? And drop my calories right down?
    I want them to be smaller as I don't think they look attractive on me, when I actually change out of my gym gear and try to wear a pretty dress.
  • steffie113
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that you loose muscle whilst running?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    But my goal is for my legs to get leaner not bigger... This is what I want help with.

They aren't that big...and they are lean....btw mine are bigger...so yes females should have legs like that.

as for how to make them smaller...stop using them....

btw lots of men love women with legs like that...so if your goal is to look attractive I suspect lots find them attractive.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

They aren't that big...and they are lean....btw mine are bigger...so yes females should have legs like that.

as for how to make them smaller...stop using them....

btw lots of men love women with legs like that...so if your goal is to look attractive I suspect lots find them attractive.

Pretty much what I was gonna post.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

No. Running uses your legs, it does not burn muscle.

• livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

No. Running uses your legs, it does not burn muscle.

Long distance steady state will. Sprinting will likely build it. Marathon runner vs sprinter. I know which physique I'd prefer!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Basically the only way to reduce calf muscle is not to use it AT ALL--that means to sit on your butt until it wastes away over a period of YEARS.

Running long distances in and of themselves does nothing to "burn" muscle. Not using the muscle while eating at a calorie deficit will eventually cause your body to catabolize that muscle. But it's your legs--your wheels. So much as walk to the sink to refill your water, and you're using your legs.

I, too, have nice strong calves from a childhood of playing sports. I was very surprised to discover my calves are the decisive factor in my jeans size this spring.

Do what I do--buy bootcut jeans and jeggings that stretch for winter, and enjoy rocking out the shorts and skirts to show off your legs as often as possible. :)
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Larger calves are signs of strong mitochondria filled muscles. Great for sprinting and fast twitch movements (release a lot of energy at once). Leaner muscles are more endurance (less but efficient mitochondria that slowly regenerate energy). This is mostly predetermined with genetics. We tend to gravitate to exercise we are good at, so theory here but those that naturally have "smaller calves" are more likely to enjoy marathon running.

To go against your genetics, like above, don't use at all. Notice how thin and delicate the legs are of those wheelchair bound.

A lot of clothes were made for unrealistic ideals. I just think of the jeans that have waist gap to fit my butt. Be proud of who you are and what you have to give to the world, calves and all!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    Larger calves are signs of strong mitochondria filled muscles. Great for sprinting and fast twitch movements (release a lot of energy at once). Leaner muscles are more endurance (less but efficient mitochondria that slowly regenerate energy). This is mostly predetermined with genetics. We tend to gravitate to exercise we are good at, so theory here but those that naturally have "smaller calves" are more likely to enjoy marathon running.

Whaaaa? I would *love* to see the science on the genetic connection, seriously, if you have a link--I have always been a distance/endurance person, I mean going back to swimming distance when I was 8, but my calves, proportionally speaking, could generate their own gravitational field. (I am otherwise pretty small--they really do determine my jeans size, at least in skinny jeans.) I've always assumed I just built up the things through start/stop explosive sports stuff when I was little (soccer, basketball, etc) and never lost them.

I want Science to go yell retroactively at my swim coaches for always sticking me in the 1500/1650 when my friends were swimming the 100 back!