Seeking: Someone who will tell it like it is

Options

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I can be pretty tough if I see one of my "friends" is floundering or making bad choices or not logging.

But cake for breakfast? If it fits your calorie goals and you properly weighed and logged it, then I see no problem. After all cake is the perfect food. It has milk and eggs and flour and sugar. That's all of the food groups right there.

I will say that the way the feed is set up it is rather time consuming and cumbersome to keep up with everyone so I might not open someone's diary every day. But I do try to check in occasionally and read posts and will comment some.
  • TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Why do you need such tactics?

Different strokes for different folks.
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options

Could this be a hint to another lovely thread I'm participating in consisting of solely questions?? Or are you just really curious? Lol
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I can always use a good laugh and kick in the butt, add me! B)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I would probably delete a friend if they asked me why it was okay that I had cake for breakfast.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Im awesome at that stuff, but the problem with these things is people lose interest or they start asking for direct advice, then get upset when they get it as you are being too direct and mean. Ive seen it end in tears a lot of times. It can also be seen as interfering or just rude to even comment on what soemone else is doing, some people are hyper touchy and sensitive. Hence it just being a pain.

Be clear in what you want before you take people on.

Id suggest you can do yourself a favour by understanding how weight loss works, then putting some effort into organising a plan you can follow and lets you have a consistent deficit.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit too brutal for me. I'm a sensitive soul.

lol agreed!

Plus, it would be hard to remember who you need to be tough with if you have a lot of friends here. And I know I'm not eating my best right now so already saved you some time ;) I am pretty accountable since I have 900+ day streak.

• srazamora
    Options
    Seems a bit too brutal for me. I'm a sensitive soul.
    Sensitive soul who doesn't eat cake for breakfast? Is that an accurate description on you?
  • srazamora
    Options
    lol I bet your breakfast is a protein shake with raw eggs, am I right??
  • JessicaOrourke_
    JessicaOrourke_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need the accountability (and humor). Count me in :)
  • Tracyab76
    Tracyab76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey count me in! I'm just getting back on track and need someone who can do that for me when I start to fail! Which I'm not going to do
  • dbrandle08
    dbrandle08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hahah this is an amazing thread. Feel free to add me - esp. if the sense of humor requirement rings true. the more accountability the better
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Me please! Most of the time when I look at ppl's diaries I'm so tempted to ask them wtf they're trying to do, and I'm always so confused when ppl like their updates. Anyway, I'd get so much satisfaction by getting to tell someone how it is, without feeling like it's uncalled for! I'd love if ppl gave me legit feedback as well.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »

Could this be a hint to another lovely thread I'm participating in consisting of solely questions?? Or are you just really curious? Lol

I'm very curious and would learn something new.
  • Kelven2330
    Kelven2330 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think you can be honest, give constructive criticism, and ask good questions with out being brutal. I would actually like to find friends that actually read what I put in, ask questions, make suggestions, and not just like things. I guess just be real.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    @jaga13 I assure you, my gut is not to be admired!! :p

omg you made me almost spit out my oatmeal laughing!
  • srazamora
    Options
    SERIOUSLY?!?! I had a healthy avocado salad with hot & sour soup, then I get THIS in my fortune cookie?! :flushed:
    j6t7nltudapk.jpg