Anyone want to chat about dogs?

Options
CarterSimms
CarterSimms Posts: 11 Member
I just got a new puppy and all of my friends are tired of hearing about her tricks that she's learning

Replies

• sammieSQL
    sammieSQL Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have 8 dogs, I'll listen. ;)
  • CarterSimms
    CarterSimms Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks:) so she's a pit bull/lab mix, and a rescue, and she's learned things like 'out' is the command that means 'exit the room' or things like wait. She's not doing so well on drop it at the moment, but at least she stopped taking off running with whatever she's eating at the time. Usually my socks
  • dgoodie92
    dgoodie92 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've a Snoop Dog Album
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I love dogs! I have a 1 year old pitbull names Ruby. The kids and I taught her to sit, lie down, stay, come, shake, and roll over. Sometimes I think "she's SO smart!" and then she goes outside, eats cat poop, and totally changes my mind! LOL! Enjoy your new furbaby!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I can't get ours to learn "out!", "scram!," etc. Then again, she is older, deaf and pre-abused. However, the stupid girl worships me and treats that nasty outside-dog scent like incense. I can't convince her that that's an insult, not adoration. I should SO toot on her, just to prove a point!
  • LarsEnnerberg
    LarsEnnerberg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the best ridgeback pointer mix! She rocks! She is all about protecting the house but also the biggest snuggle bunny!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I love my babies. They are currently sitting at my feet right now.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    The best truck commercial ever....the dog riding in the back of the truck "Dogs Like Trucks!"
  • Bill8855
    Bill8855 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Snoop Dogg count?
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Im looking for furry loving friends and found this thread. I recently got our first dog (although I have had several big breeds in the family growing up) she's a Boxador rescue.

I'm Lucy, my dog is Poppy. I'm engaged to J and live in the UK if you'd like to connect?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    My dog, now four, just finished school. She knows: sit, stay, down, up, off, leave it, take it, zip it, calm, watch me, under, and over. I am very proud of her success!
  • Anise76
    Anise76 Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I love my dogs! I'm a serial greyhound rescuer, and we currently have two: Piri, a little black girl who is almost 7, and the sweetest thing on four legs, and Taika, who is a big, rambunctious four year old lunk. He runs into glass doors.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Ha my husband & I talk about our dog nonstop. I'm currently wearing an "I love Dogs" tank top and have on scotty dog earrings and am about to take him to the park for a walk. How old is your pup? Do you have a Facebook page & Instagram & YouTube set up for her yet? We just posted a zillion pics & videos of him at the beach.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Can't talk too much about dogs to me! I have a mini schnauzer. 1.5 yrs old and totally adorable. Bonus is he keeps me fit and gets me running what ever the weather.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 year old pit. When she was a pup, I thought she was so dumb in comparison to my older pittie. Turns out she was just a late bloomer. She's actually very smart and of course a big cuddly baby.
  • plaffo786
    plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Dogs rock I've 4 all little nutters but such love bundles
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I have a rottweiler. She's 9 I believe. Kicked out of training classes twice. The first time he said she wasn't ready. The second time he said sorry she's not gaining anything from us. And she wasnt. Got a refund. Took her a year but she finally mastered basic stuff. Now knows many and is pretty obeident. But she doesn't like other animals, barely tolerates my cat and hasn't seen my tortoise yet.
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have a 7 month old Boston Terrier (he's in my pro. pics) Fun and mischievous age!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    AbbyAge2_zps0a4048c3.jpg
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    ow685suvf6im.jpg

I have this guy <3