10 week challenge

Options
Yesterday I started a 10 week challenge to get in shape and loose weight.
I am going to keep my goals simple and realistic so I have a better chance at completing them.

Goals:
Eat between 1200 - 1300 Calories / day
Exercise 30- 60 minutes / day
Not deprive myself of anything. B/c if I do, I will just crave it more and fail.

That's it!

Replies

• juleneirwin
    juleneirwin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 1: It was successful day. I consumed 1251 calories and exercised for 60:15 min/secs by walking over the causeway for 3.1 miles. I would like to improve my speed each time I complete the same walk.
  • juleneirwin
    Options
    Day 2: I woke up this morning extremely sore from yesterdays walk. This is normal for me. I suffer from chronic back pain in my lower and upper back and my neck. I see doctors for it and there is not much I can do except to keep going each day.
  • Lisamn1214
    Lisamn1214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Stay strong!
  • juleneirwin
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Day 2 Summary: I made it past day 2! My calorie intake was was only 1039, but will try and stay above 1200 for now on. I walked around my neighborhood for 3 miles / 60 mins. I would call day 2 a success!

Thank you lisamneely!
  • juleneirwin
    Options
    Day 3: Starting off pretty good. :)
  • juleneirwin
    Options
    Day 3: I noticed I am going over my sodium intake each day. I need researched it find out more information. It is mainly coming from the bacon and eggs in the morning, but that is my favorite low carb breakfast. I am not doing a no carb diet, just lower the amount I consume.
  • juleneirwin
    Options
    Day 3 Summary: it was indeed a great day. Feeling good. Calories 1180 / Exercise 40 minutes. Plus I have not had a soda since starting. It was not part of my original goals, but hey, I'll take it. I normally would drink 4- sodas a day. I knew it was bad for me but I drank them anyways. See you tomorrow...
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I've been doing 1200 calories a day for a few months now and it is working well for me. My personal challenge in June is to get 30 minutes of exercise every day. tomorrow is going to be the first challenging day as I am booked solid all day long. My lovely husband though has said he will get up early to get a walk in with me first thing!
  • juleneirwin
    Options
    Day 4: Today should be a challenge. I always have trouble 4 days into any challenge. So far, so good, but we will see. Happy Thursday Everyone.
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Keep going! If you find you are hungry or tired, don't be afraid to add more calories. I went from 1250 to 1650 and I'm actually consistently losing when before the losses were not consistent.
  • juleneirwin
    Options
    Day 4: another good day. So far 1243 calories / 60 minutes walking.