How often are you working out?

Options
13»

Replies

• clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I did it!!!! I attempted my first Insanity class last night. It was indeed totally insane, yet somehow fun. My face was a very interesting colour by the end.
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    6 days lifting and around 5 days cardio
  • trajanAz
    trajanAz Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I weight train three days a week (with some cardio mixed in) and do straight cardio the other four days. I used to work in rest days but after awhile I was fine. I probably should just up my cardio intensity instead, but it's a nice rhythm for me. Today was my 116th straight day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I workout 3 times a week generally

Monday and Friday - 45 mins, of which 20-30 mins is cardio and 15 mins weights
    Wednesdays - 80 mins, of which 15-20 mins is cardio and an hour is mixed calisthenics and weights with a PT

the other days I use my fitbit, dog and shops to make sure I'm walking around 5 miles a day
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Normally I work out 6 days a week - except for the next few days, where I've just had an operation on my eyes and need to take it easy. Although yesterday I ended up on an impromptu 5 mile walk lol

I do strength training 4 times a week, and cardio 3 times a week. After my recovery, I intend to focus more on my strength training regime during the week so that Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays will be more strength focused.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my cardio days.

Saturdays when I'm at the gym near the boyfriend's place, I do a mixture of cardio (treadmill and rowing) and strength training. Sometimes I go work for a long walk after the gym, but all depends on the weather and plans for that day.

Sundays are my rest days.
  • m4n1x
    m4n1x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    thinking of doing an Insanity class at my gym, but nervous as looks like have to be super fit to get through it and im 28lbs over weight. Concerned about injury.

I have used the insanity courses a couple of times. Definitely try them out, they are all about setting a bar for yourself and them beating it... Don't worry about everyone else in the room!

As for injury, like I said, it's all about personal improvement. So just start at a pace that's right for you and build from there.
  • Jwanguy
    Jwanguy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Insanity is tough for sure. I've completed it once four years ago. I just started back with it this week. Normally with any program that I do, I workout 6 days and rest one day.

• skiclimbdive
    skiclimbdive Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    3x/week strength and conditioning (mostly barbell work with short ~10m metcon at the end).
    3x/week rock climbing.

This has been my routine for the last year or so. I just started adding 20-30m on the treadmill 3x/week.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I briskly walk 30 mins each way to and from work Mon-Fri and work out 5 days on top. My current routine is:
    Sunday - 30 minutes hill or speed intervals (alternate weeks) on treadmill
    Monday - 45 minutes resistance exercises with 30 second high intensity exercise (mountain climbers, bunny hops, skipping etc) between each set
    Tuesday - 2.5 - 3 km treadmill at a hard pace
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - 5 km road run at moderate pace
    Friday - As Monday
    Saturday - Rest

I am currently training for a 5 km Race for Life and want to beat my previous time, hence the three sessions running. Once the race is done, I'm going to swap my routine so I do 3 days resistance, one day running and one day swimming.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    every other day. I take an extra rest day if my arthritis is super bad. I learned not to do 2 days in a row because then my joints don't recover, making me feel progressively worse. Need those rest days.
  • jadey_lady
    jadey_lady Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My schedule is usually workout 2/3 days, rest one day, workout 2/3 days, rest one day...depends. My job is also pretty active (I average around 7,000-10,000 steps just at work alone).
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Monday - rowing as warm-up, full body lifting, total 50-60 min
    Tuesday - cardio (stair machine or running on treadmill) 55 min
    Wednesday- rowing as warm-up, full body lifting, total 50-60 min
    Thursday - cardio (stair machine or running on treadmill) 55 min
    Friday - rowing as warm-up, full body lifting, total 50-60 min
    Saturday - rest
    Sunday - running outside, 50-70 min
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 days a week and lift weights 3 days a week for a daily total of about 1-1/2 hours 3-4 days a week. I just don't have time for more than that usually.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm doing some sort of exercise at least five days a week:

Sunday - Body Attack and possibly Body Combat as well
    Monday - rest
    Tuesday - Dragon Boating
    Wednesday - Body Pump
    Thursday - Dragon Boating
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - Body Pump and Body Combat

I'm enjoying this schedule and will keep it up as long as I can! Dragon boating ends in September so I will probably add at least one other gym day in there, or move around the rest days.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I do cardio 6 days a week for 30 min. I will bump it by 5 min each month until I'm at 60 min. I lift weights 3x a week.
  • lalangela
    lalangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    4-5 days a week at the gym. My goal is 5, but work sometimes gets in the way. Then I try to get in one weekend fun. So I'd say I'm hitting 4-6 days a week on average!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

There are so many different opinions on what exercise and how much exercise it best for weight loss and overall fitness, and so I'm confused as to whether or not I'm doing enough or doing the right kind of thing. Any feedback, suggestions or insight into what is working for others would be very welcome.

Current routine: 4 days workout and 3 days rest

Monday - hour cardio and hour weights
    Tuesday- rest
    Wednesday- hour weights
    Thursday- hour cardio and hour yoga/pilates
    Friday- rest
    Saturday- hour weights and hour yoga/pilates
    Sunday- rest and occasionally swim.

exercise is not necessary for weight loss...it is necessary for your overall general health and well being and fitness.

as far as doing enough or the right thing, you should develop some fitness goals that go beyond weight loss and burning calories...once you open up your mind to fitness for the sake of fitness, you will unlock a whole other world.

for general fitness I ride anywhere from 50 - 80 miles per week depending on the week and what's going on in my life, etc. I walk my dog a few days per week as well and do a lot of general recreational type stuff...i.e. family bike rides, hikes in the mountains, swimming. I hit the weight room 2-3x weekly...usually 3 but this time of year it's sometimes hard to get myself to go indoors to train...I'd much rather be out on the hiking trail or riding my bike or something....I tend to hit the weights harder in the winter.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    5 days a week, about 45-75 minutes a day.