HELP i'm confused

Options
i'm really new to this diet and workout routine, i've never counted calories in my whole life until now, and i think i'm doing it wrong

Replies

• Bqueen1995
    Bqueen1995 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the MFP suggestions for calories and macros. You should find what works best for you. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

As for macros, I'd go with a higher protein intake. Here's what I generally do.
    Protein: ~0.8-1 g/lb of body weight (if you're not quite overweight)
    Fat: 20-30% of your calories
    Carbs: the rest of your calories
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Try to eat a balanced diet and burn more than you eat.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    i'm really new to this diet and workout routine, i've never counted calories in my whole life until now, and i think i'm doing it wrong

You won't get a lot of useful advice without sharing more info. What have you been doing that you think is wrong?