Embarrassing texts or pics you've sent or received!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
So my friend told me the other night that she drunk texted a topless pic to her DAD instead of her boyfriend! :o Her boyfriend's name is "David" and she had "Dad" listed directly above him in her contacts and hit the wrong button! She didn't discover her mistake until the next day and is mortified! So far she hasn't spoken to her dad and she's hoping he won't bring it up either.

Just wondering if your phone has ever gotten you in trouble?

Replies

• jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I would think this is more of a younger person's issue, with all the selfies they take. I've never selfied, so I don't have that problem. I would like to hear some funny stories, though.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    My bosses name is Judy and my sister in laws name is also Judy. I shoulda added last names in my contact list but i didnt. I figured that since my phone displays the number along side of the name, that i wouldn't ever confuse anyone. Well i was wrong!
    My boss is very uptight and often talks about gun control laws and thinks no american should be able to own a fire arm except police. I feel very differently.
    My husband had gotten a new AR 15 and took some pictures of it. Well i went to send it to my sister in law but instead sent it to my boss!!!
    So embarrassing!!!
    Clearly she was not happy seeing pictures of me and my family posing with a rifle. But there wasnt much she could do about it because its my right to own it. I just sent her a text explaining it was sent by accident and was sorry for the mix up.

Since then, ive organized my contact list with last names !!!!!!!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I've sent harmless messages to my mom, brother, dad, and close friends instead of my husband. They usually get confused and that's when I realize I sent it to the last convo I had open instead of going back to the text convo with my husband.
  • Retroic
    Retroic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I received an E-mail Monday from my girlfriend asking if I was able to sleep good, since I've been having trouble sleeping stressing out about my health and weight and all that Jazz, I replied "No, I still wasn't able to get comfortable and only slept maybe 2 hours" to which she replied "Damn, I was hoping the back rub and BJ would have relaxed you enough to sleep well, maybe I'll step it up tonight, you need your sleep"

And then my dumb *kitten* replied but never minimized or x'ed out of the screen and I was at work and went to an afternoon meeting for 3 hours, so whoever went into my office for whatever reason (i'm in a medium traffic/demand area so it's more likely then not that a few people got a peek, my boss being one.) saw my computer screen and got to see my lack of sleep and Mr. Nasty time with the SO.

Go me? :/
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Retroic wrote: »
    I received an E-mail Monday from my girlfriend asking if I was able to sleep good, since I've been having trouble sleeping stressing out about my health and weight and all that Jazz, I replied "No, I still wasn't able to get comfortable and only slept maybe 2 hours" to which she replied "Damn, I was hoping the back rub and BJ would have relaxed you enough to sleep well, maybe I'll step it up tonight, you need your sleep"

And then my dumb *kitten* replied but never minimized or x'ed out of the screen and I was at work and went to an afternoon meeting for 3 hours, so whoever went into my office for whatever reason (i'm in a medium traffic/demand area so it's more likely then not that a few people got a peek, my boss being one.) saw my computer screen and got to see my lack of sleep and Mr. Nasty time with the SO.

That's awesome though, lol
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

If people are reading your computer screen at work, I'd start submitting my resume elsewhere.
  • Retroic
    Retroic Posts: 15 Member
    Options

If people are reading your computer screen at work, I'd start submitting my resume elsewhere.

I give my employees a tad bit of freedom cause i'm always running around our factory or in some meeting so I've taught a few of my crewleaders to jump on my computer and print out task sheets to keep working if they cannot find me, so my computer is used by other people quite often and usually I don't think much of it but work installed a new cell phone signal booster in the office and since I do not have that service it makes my cell phone useless so I've been texting through e-mail, Learned my lesson real quick that I need to X it all out before I go scrambling through the plant lol

• Lisa1971
    Options
    OMG Embarrassing!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    My bosses name is Judy and my sister in laws name is also Judy. I shoulda added last names in my contact list but i didnt. I figured that since my phone displays the number along side of the name, that i wouldn't ever confuse anyone. Well i was wrong!
    My boss is very uptight and often talks about gun control laws and thinks no american should be able to own a fire arm except police. I feel very differently.
    My husband had gotten a new AR 15 and took some pictures of it. Well i went to send it to my sister in law but instead sent it to my boss!!!
    So embarrassing!!!
    Clearly she was not happy seeing pictures of me and my family posing with a rifle. But there wasnt much she could do about it because its my right to own it. I just sent her a text explaining it was sent by accident and was sorry for the mix up.

Since then, ive organized my contact list with last names !!!!!!!

That. is. Awesome!

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I've only texted once. My daughter picked up my phone and told me I had a text message from someone. It was 4 months old. She asked if I wanted to reply. I told her to reply via text: "I don't text. If you need to talk to me call." I never got a reply. That was several years ago. As for sending pics. I just discovered how to take a pic with my cell phone, but I still haven't learned how to send one.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I've only texted once. My daughter picked up my phone and told me I had a text message from someone. It was 4 months old. She asked if I wanted to reply. I told her to reply via text: "I don't text. If you need to talk to me call." I never got a reply. That was several years ago. As for sending pics. I just discovered how to take a pic with my cell phone, but I still haven't learned how to send one.

I love how honest this is.
  • daniyelle_
    daniyelle_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    we've all had that one creep who persistently sends d!ck pics even though you tell him you are not interested, literally the worst and so annoying
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    I have no complaints what so ever....
  • Kelven2330
    Kelven2330 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    100 years ago when blackberry was a popular phone, I got a new phone as did my gf at the time. We started texting each other and a few days later some random lady neither of us knew, texted my gf to let her know somehow she was getting a copy of all the text we sent to each other. They were the typical somewhat steamy just falling in love type text, no like boobs or anything, but my ex was mortified, I thought it was kind of funny. We did call tech support and they were able to fix it, somehow the lady's number was still associated with phone or something like that. It was like 100 years ago. Not super exciting but it's all I got.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

I love how honest this is.

My daughter, Holland, is my personal IT department. She insisted that I exchange my flip phone for a Galaxy 5 last September. So, I did. We got home from Sprint and I put the Phone on a charger on the kitchen counter. When I got up the next morning, there was a note under the phone. It had my new email address that was on the new phone as well as the password. She had put apps on it for things she thought I might be interested in (Facebook, Map My Walk, GPS, ITunes and bunch of other stuff I have never opened.)

It's June. I haven't received a single text or call this year. Whenever I pull it out and think to use it, it's dead, so I have to charge it.

Anybody that knows me, knows that they can call me on the home phone or contact my wife or daughter and they will get the message to me.

Honestly, I don't know what the big attraction is to having a cell phone in your hand 24/7. People are so tuned into their cell phones now that the are disconnected from real life.

And, daniyelle, you'll never receive a d!ck pic from me.

• Kelven2330
    Kelven2330 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ride on Roaddog, ride on.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I was talking to a guy one time that I didn't really like, and was talking about him to my friend. I was saying what a douche he is, then realized I sent that to him. Whoops!! Pretty funny in retrospect but I felt bad.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Typical story for me. Did a 'personal' vid and emailed to a wrong person.

Not as fun as a Mom or nun or such, but still awkwardly funny.