Scales

Options
RebeccaD22
RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone,

So, I have a Weight Watchers(WW) scale that I have only had for about 6 months. I honestly don't think it is accurate. For instance, I weighed myself yesterday morning and it said 202.8. Then this morning and it said 202.8, stepped off and on 203.1...on again, 192.9! It is so frustrating because I want to log my weight accurately and I work SO hard so that In the morning I can see a change, but the scale is so wonky! This isn't the first time it has happened.

My question: Does anyone else with a WW scale have/ had this problem? What scales are most accurate and do you recommend? Digital or not?

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I don't know who makes scales for WW. I have a Taylor digital scale that will often show me a weight that is 4.4 pounds too high. It'll error out when I step off of it and when I step on again it shows me the correct weight. Other than that, it seems to work well. At the very least, it matches what my old analog scale says.
  • RebeccaD22
    Options
    Thanks, @TimothyFish
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have a set of WW scales and have used them for years with no problems. Do you weigh on carpet or tiles/hardwood? Also did it come with carpet feet and are these attached?
  • RebeccaD22
    Options
    @Krystle1984 I weigh on bathroom tile and I don't usually move it around. And yes, it has cushion/ carpet feet.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Are the batteries fresh in the scale? Sometimes when the batteries die the scale can give different readings. Also, make sure your scale is on an even surface. Make sure its on the bathroom tiles and not resting on the space between them. (where the grout is)
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have some scales, not WW but digital ones and they differ by a stone (14lbs) if I put them in various places in my living room. It's mental!
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have some scales, not WW but digital ones and they differ by a stone (14lbs) if I put them in various places in my living room. It's mental!
  • RebeccaD22
    Options
    @Troutsy Thank you, I will definitely replace the batteries again and see what happens.
  • Krystle1984
    Options
    You shouldn't use those if you're weighing on tile as they will skew the results. That's the only reason I can think of apart from it just being faulty. Sorry if I wasn't much help x
  • RebeccaD22
    Options
    @Krystle1984 No, that is great to know, thank you. I will take them off and see how that changes things!
  • Krystle1984
    Options
    Hope that fixes it! Had mine a long time without any issues so hopefully you will too! :)
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    make sure it's not on carpet and on a hard floor.
  • Meggers003
    Meggers003 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have had this issue before, I dumped that scale and purchased a new one (still WW one) and haven't had any issues since. It might have to do with the battery or on where you store your scale. Since purchasing the new one I do my best not to move it unless I have to, and I make sure that I keep it in a (mostly) dry room.
  • RebeccaD22
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands That is a great idea. Thanks
    @mrbyte I have it on tile
    @Meggers003 Thanks for the info! I will try replacing the batteries. I do not move it around and keep it on a flat, hard surface. I never thought about keeping it away from moisture! Thanks!