Been using MFP; now ready to get serious...need a friend!

Options
Hi, I'm Misty.

I've been "loosely" using MFP, but am ready to get serious and would like a friend or two!

I've got a wedding to attend in August and I really want to tone up and slim down for it.
I never had to worry about weight in HS & College...I was so active! Life has had many turns and I've found that losing weight is HARD! As someone who has had health issues, I cannot eat the typical diet food of salad or any leafy greens... and I have to cook for myself and a young picky eater. We have joined a gym and are both enjoying working out (well, the kid plays!) ...but I've yet to lose pounds!
Maybe if I have a friend to keep me accountable and to give me perspective, I'll finally be successful!

Replies

• CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    best of luck. keep making the right choices and stay the course. Remember it is a lifestyle not a diet. teach the littel one. It is not all about a number on ther scale!
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I lost for the first time EVER on MFP before my vacation and I'm just starting again!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, I am on daily, add me if you would like.
  • mamato2babes
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I need some more friends too!
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    I am a TX gal, too. Good luck to you and your daughter. Hang in there! I have been on MFP for just 2 wks and have already found so much info, advice, and support.
  • hmanderson
    hmanderson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting serious! My weight loss is going slow, but I am hoping that it will lead to a life-long loss. I love MFP...it makes life much easier and I haven't felt too deprived. I am just more aware of the choices I am making. I have only lost about 12 lbs since February...sometimes it is frustrating, but I remind myself that I am not trying to crash diet. Having friends here definitely helps...to cheer you on and keep you accountable. Feel free to add me as a friend...I'd love to keep you company on your journey!
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Make sure you take your measurements as well! You might not see the scale move if you're building muscle, but you can have your measurements change still, which helps you from getting discouraged! I've been on here since january and it's the only thing that has worked for me! It's great to have the encouragement of others, sharing ideas, etc. with everyone on here. Plus, when I see all of my friends working out and burning calories, it sort of lights a little fire under me to get up and do it for myself! Feel free to add me if you'd like...on daily, so can definitely support you! :)
  • laurenstephw
    Options
    I say great goal! Just don't turn this into a crash diet.
  • MaysMom
    MaysMom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    "No one has so many friends that they can't use another one." Add me, add me! lol
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hey Welcome! Everyone here helps. It's a great place. When I started, my goal was to lose 90lbs. I still have 77 to go and it is not easy! But took a while to put on, so what can I expect-lol
    Ur more than welcome to add me as a friend. I log everyday. Somedays I do better than others. I set myself a little goal today, to lose 20lbs by July 4!! I'm really gonna buckle down nd do this. Good luck on ur journey:drinker:
  • jmuzzio7
    jmuzzio7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenn. I'm new to this too. I just started on MFP last week. I also am ready to get serious. It's so hard to loose weight especially doing it alone. It really looks like this site is going to be very helpful, supportive and motivational. Please feel free to add me as a friend....I need the support too :-)
  • mdm97b
    mdm97b Posts: 4
    Options
    :smile: Thanks, Friends! Going to add you all.

Yeah, I had terrible ideals about my body when I was young, so I am trying super hard to instill good habits and dispel negative weight issues for my own daughter. We were doing really well until the schoolyard kids started using the "fat" word... ugh! Of course she isn't but getting her to believe it is challenging. We praise each other for our strong muscles and beautiful, womanly curves that God intended.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Misty!

Another Texas girl over here - I sent you a friend request. Good for you in investing in yourself. You and your daughter will be blessed by your commitment to health. I renewing that commitment for myself on MFP. Best of success on your journey to good health! Yvonne
  • loosingit3
    loosingit3 Posts: 27
    Options
    I need to get serious too. I will help motivate you. Feel free to add me. We can do this!:drinker:
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP too and am also looking for friends so we can motivate and encourage each other. In the past I have lost 70 lbs and went from a size 16 to a size 6/8, so I know it can be done. Just be patient and keep working. Don't just weigh, but measure yourself also. And don't be discouraged if you don't see results right away, just keep working hard. I have gotten lazy in the past couple of years and gained back about 30 lbs. and now I'm on a mission to lose it by Sept. for a family reunion. I've never heard of Zumba but it sounds interesting. I've been getting up and using a Leslie Sansone video to walk 3 miles. It's a good workout that I can do without leaving my house and no matter what the weather is. Good luck! You can do it!