Any planet fitness members?

Options
Was wondering if there were any other planet fitness members that have had some great results and can share their workout routines! :)

Replies

• DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have great results when I actually go... :| haha

Currently:
    Weight lift 2 days a week:
    lat pulldowns
    tricep pulldowns
    seated leg curls
    seated leg extensions
    shoulder press
    bicep curls with barbell
    chest press either with a barbell laying back on a bench or using the machine
    weighted lunges
    weighted squats
    Cardio 2-3 days a week. I generally run on the treadmill but the Arc Trainer is great.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Been going to PF for a number of years; I know they get a bad rap but I have no issues there. I do great strength training 2-5x per week after work, I workout at home 5-7 days p/wk as my work sched doesn't always allow me to make the gym after but I do what I can when I can. My gym workouts start w/12-15 min cardio (arc or bike) then hit weights: I don't rest btw sets, I'll do squats, push-ups, curls, rows, etc btw sets on machines. Today I completed a personal goal: 100 full-form push-ups (no knees!). I use ideas from the DVDs I use at home as to what I do at the gym. I love it!!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I've had great results and I don't go the Planet Fitness. I have nothing against it, I simply choose to go elsewhere for $99 a year.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I used to go to PF, but I wanted access to more barbells than they had (still haven't progressed to them!) and I also really wanted access to a pool. My husband still goes and is using a program we found online for dumbbells.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    probably the worst gym chain in existence
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i loved it and hated i had to change gyms when we moved.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I go to PF because I don't have much cash to spare and they are super cheap. I have only been going for about a month. The one I go to actually just moved to a new building right before I joined, and they have so many brand new shiny things. I like to do their 30 minute circuit and then some cardio on the elliptical or bike. I'm scared of the smith machines and free weights... but since PF caters to the gym newbie, and I am a gym newbie... it works for me. I really should go during the off hours and try out those exercises I am too self conscious to do when there are lots of people around. :/