Should I lose more weight

Options
I wondering if I lose more weight that I hope I would lose more from my bust.

I'm 28 5ft 1" and last year I weighed 172lbs and have lost 52lbs, and my cup size was 38h and now a 34f and gone from clothes size 14 to 8/10. I really want to lose more from my bust and thought of losing another 8lbs or more....do you think that would work?

Thanks

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with "maybe"

You can't pick and choose where your body loses fat from...
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Would it take you down to an unhealthy weight for your height? If so don't do it. If you're still in a healthy range at that weight it's worth a try. Otherwise - you may have to accept your genetics!
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. If you're happy with your weight now, they may just be something to learn to love. We all have different shapes and there's nothing wrong with yours. I'm a 30G - my bust is an area I just don't lose much from. They can tend to make me look heavier than I am in certain style tops, but its my shape and that's OK - its who I am. You can give it a go if you're really unhappy, but there's no guarantee it will work.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You would still be in a healthy weight range if you lose another 8lbs but I'm not sure you would see much of reduction in breast size. I have a friend who had breast reduction surgery a few years ago and she was so happy afterwards. She had been suffering a lot of back pain before the reduction.
  • kelzz27
    kelzz27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Would it take you down to an unhealthy weight for your height? If so don't do it. If you're still in a healthy range at that weight it's worth a try. Otherwise - you may have to accept your genetics!

According to bmi I can lose another 20lbs and still be a healthy weight, but if I go under 100 lbs I'd be classed as an unhealthy weight.
  • stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well, if your bust size is bothering you, why not try losing a little more weight and see if the changes are positive in your opinion? You're not close to the bottom of your healthy BMI range, so you could potentially lose a fair bit and still be at a reasonable weight, depending on your frame size. What is the downside to losing the weight and seeing if it helps you feel better?
  • kelzz27
    kelzz27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    stormyview wrote: »
    Well, if your bust size is bothering you, why not try losing a little more weight and see if the changes are positive in your opinion? You're not close to the bottom of your healthy BMI range, so you could potentially lose a fair bit and still be at a reasonable weight, depending on your frame size. What is the downside to losing the weight and seeing if it helps you feel better?

There's no downside really except everyone tells me I don't need to lose anymore weight, but as I'm still unhappy with my current weight and bust size... I have decided to lose another 8lbs and see if it helps
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Your body hasn't dropped much fat from your bust. You may be one of the rare, blessed ;) gals who holds fat there. If that's the case, losing more won't change you body shape the way you would like, you'll get smaller overall but not drop from the bust, resulting in similar proportions. If you want a breast reduction, that's your option.

ETA: In my profile pic, I'm 137lbs at 5'5". I would be within "normal" range at 111.5lbs, but I would be emaciated. BMI isn't everything.