Multi-vitamin help!

Options
So I'm researching some multi-vitamins. I'd LOVE to get Garden of Life buttttt that's pretty pricey. I just don't know how to tell the difference between something all natural and plant based versus something that won't be easily absorbed. I was looking at Centrum's Multi-Vitamin. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I like buyin nature made vitamins. They aren't pricy and you can take a vitamin test online to see if you are lackin any vitamins.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    What ever you get, make sure it's a whole food supplement so your body can absorb it better. I use Source of Life red, and I love it!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have found that most of the "one a day types" lack when it comes to what I need daily. I have went from ON daily's to GNC packs and so on.

Currently I use Controlled labs Orange Triad vitz. they seem to be working pretty good.

I did try an all natural one a while back and it gave me a little bit of an upset stomach so I did not bother with any other brands.

If anyone knows a good one please post it. :drinker:
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    What ever you get, make sure it's a whole food supplement so your body can absorb it better. I use Source of Life red, and I love it!

Which is exactly what I'm wondering.. how do you know if it is a whole food source?
  • nicakk01
    nicakk01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I personally take whole food organic vitimins for myself and family. We take Standard Process, which is sold in chiropractors/accupuncter/holictic doctors offices. You can go to www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search and see the amount of nutrients that is actually in different items.
  • lbkrillin
    lbkrillin Posts: 19
    Options
    Equate baby!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I was low in vitamin B12. I take Nature Made brand supplements, re-tested at the doctors, and now all is well. At least I have proof that my body absorbs Nature Made!
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    DO NOT buy generic brand vitamins....they are loaded with fillers and do not absorb well into your body. spend the extra money on an excellent vitamin with great reviews! i buy mine on amazon.com. they are a lot cheaper on there than in healthfood stores! i use new chapter, solgar, melaleuca, and shaklee depending on the deals i can get.