Weight loss & toning..

Hello,

I've not posted here before but want some advice.

I'm 12 stone 1lb and I'm 5ft 4. I would like to be 9 stone, however I'm setting myself a six week goal to lose as much as possible.

My daily plan is to eat under 1200 calories. Avoiding sugary drinks & foods, sweets and cakes and fried foods.

My fitness plan is

10 minute = 30 day shred
10 minute = 3 min body blitz
10 minute = insanity

Intervals of jump rope throughout the day.

6 days a week.

What do people think?

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 4’11 ½.
    So unless you are smaller than me, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, and bingeing due to over-restriction.)

Go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight. With this method you do not eat back your exercise calories, as they are already figured into your daily goal.
  • fliss_0114
    fliss_0114 Posts: 3 Member
    You say to minus 10-20% - each number is a big difference.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited June 2015
    fliss_0114 wrote: »
    You say to minus 10-20% - each number is a big difference.

It depends on your goals. Anything less than a 20 pound weight loss goal should probably shoot for a 10% reduction. Regardless, any calorie number in between the two will result in safe and healthy weight loss.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    1. Agree with Bubbles, calorie target could be too low.
    2. You don't need to avoid any particular food items, as long as you properly track your food, and hit your calorie target. There is nothing magical, from a weight loss perspective, about reducing sweets or fried items, as long as you don't consume too many calories.
    3. Your fitness plan is mostly cardio based activities, which is fine if thats what you enjoy, but why are you breaking it up into small segments of different things? Seems inefficient to me. Pick one, do it as designed, save yourself the headaches.
    4. For the sake of argument, you are not significantly overweight. A target of 1 lb per week is reasonable, which is 6 lbs over your 6 week target. Those who try to lose as much as possible, in a very short amount of time, are rarely successful, and don't understand why.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    fliss_0114 wrote: »
    Hello,

I've not posted here before but want some advice.

I'm 12 stone 1lb and I'm 5ft 4. I would like to be 9 stone, however I'm setting myself a six week goal to lose as much as possible.

My daily plan is to eat under 1200 calories. Avoiding sugary drinks & foods, sweets and cakes and fried foods.

My fitness plan is

10 minute = 30 day shred
    10 minute = 3 min body blitz
    10 minute = insanity

Intervals of jump rope throughout the day.

6 days a week.

What do people think?

Why just 10 minutes of each workout plan? That's going to have you doing about 3 warmups each day and you'll lose the structure and progression that each program has. I think it would be more efficient to pick one and stick with it.

• alekth
    alekth Posts: 33 Member
    What others said, plus set yourself a 6 months goal rather than a 6 weeks one, and don't limit your diet to the point of getting to hate it, or you'll get back to where you started when it's over at the latest.