2 a day's - Macro needs?

Options
I'm looking to start working out 2x/day - morning running/cardio (45 min), and in the afternoon lifting (45 min). My question is this: What should my macro-nutrient breakdown be? I'm guessing whatever cardio calories I burn, I should probably be eating back to have energy to lift?

About me: 240 - looking to lose weight
Work a sedentary job, so not a lot of movement.
1640 calories/day per MFP

These are what I changed them to just a little while ago:
30% Carbs
30% Fat
40% Protein

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I would definitely be eating more calories than that. If youre wanting to burn fat I would go to a 40P/40C/20F split and see how you feel. I would be very cautious doing doubles and listen to your body. You do not want to over do it and get injured and be completely out of the game.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I would eat more calories and more carbs. I used to love splitting cardio and lifting, but I would recommend you don't do the cardio every day. At least not at first. Try a few days a week and see how you feel. This is assuming you are lifting every day. Your body will thank you for the extra sleep on your mornings off and you may find you perform better for the next mornings run. At least that was my experience.
  • Natorade95
    Natorade95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Protein is converted to fat just like anything else when consumed in excess; just something to think about. More is not always better. 40C/30F/30P may be healthier.
  • jared515
    jared515 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. Seems like a hike in calories is in order. Any thoughts how high they should go?

I agree on taking it easy at first to see how it goes and not go too hard too fast.
  • jared515
    jared515 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Natorade95 wrote: »
    Protein is converted to fat just like anything else when consumed in excess; just something to think about. More is not always better. 40C/30F/30P may be healthier.

What's the difference in eating an excess of protein vs. Crabs then?