Parents of autistic/special needs kids

Options
13»

Replies

• Scarlet9904
    Scarlet9904 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my son has massive developement delays and possible autisim with massive food allergies (3 y) and i have heart issues and allergies feel free to add me
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Hi OP:

I'm not a parent but I do work as a registered nurse in the field. Just thought I would say hello :)
  • Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    3 kids, second has severe global developmental disabilities. Non verbal, need to feed, bathe, diapers...
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    JoMamaATL wrote: »
    My son is the opposite- he looked like an American/Ethiopian child bc he is so skinny. Almost mal-nourished looking! He only eats about 5 different foods right now, but he eats and eats! doctors say he is fine, but when he is in the backyard playing in just a diaper and covered in mud I worry that people will think the poor child just escaped from our dungeon!

i have a kid with a sensory processing disorder, and his diet is super limited. its something we are always working on, but during times of stress, he reverts to a very short list of foods. Our pediatrician has him on chewable flintstones with iron (the "complete" ones are good as well) and I give him Omega 3 gummies occasionally.

Anyways, just wanted to share, I also have a weird eater. :)

My daughter has sensory processing disorder and anxiety. She's 3 years old and could pass for anywhere between 18mos to 2 years old due to her size. It's a struggle just to get her to eat, and the list is extremely limited. Sometimes she'll try something new, like today she tried celery and peanut butter with me, but she's still not very open to new things. It's overwhelming at times because I feel like the only person that has a child with this. Even harder when the majority of our family refuses to believe that she has it and criticize everything we do or don't do with her. :/
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Hi OP:

I'm not a parent but I do work as a registered nurse in the field. Just thought I would say hello :)

Hello!