Finally started losing weight-also strength training

Options
discretekim
discretekim Posts: 314 Member
So I just discovered there is a community associated with this app the other day. I have been frustrated because in about 3 weeks I only lost half a pound. But I have been very inconsistent. Anyway for whatever reason something seems to be clicking. Because I lost over 2 pounds since Sunday! I hope I can keep this up! Also I have been doing strength training but not logging it. Does everyone usually log strength? Seems cumbersome. I have trouble with consistency because I either am hungry or get cravings. Also my fiancé is the worst lately. He needs to lose weight too but he always wants unhealthy food. I'm hopeful I will continue to lose like this but also hopeful I can gain some more consistency.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome. You will most likely find that weight loss will not always be linear, so even though you lost a small amount the first few weeks, you eventually dropped those pounds together. Great job. Some people log strength training to keep track of it, some log it under cardio and use the burn estimates (I never did). Strength training burns only a little amount of calories.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll find a routine that works with you and get some consistency going. Find ways to have a treat with your fiancé sometimes and make it fit your calorie goals.
  • jkenglish61
    jkenglish61 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. This is my 4th week and I am just now starting to see the number drop on my scale. Hang in there.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm still going to continue to work on consistency but it's good to know I don't have to be perfect and can still see results. Because this is more of a lifestyle thing for me. I'd like to lose 10-20 pounds. But I mostly want to be healthy and prepared to keep that up. I'm hoping to get pregnant in about 2 years. And I want to give me and my baby the best chance to be healthy.