Working out at end of my day ir beginning

Options
Long story short, I have a 6 month old daughter and working out in the mornings have become a huge struggle and are basically not happening. Her bathtime is between 8-830pm and she usually goes to bed right after.
So my question is would I get the same benefits as working out in the morning if I did it at night?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    yes
  • becca_maee
    becca_maee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Aw I have a 6 month old daughter too! her bath is at 9 and she's in bed by 9:45. I ride the stationary bike for 45 minutes right after I lay her down. I eat dinner at 7 so I have a good 2:45 mins between when I eat and when I ride the bike.
    I've been doing this about a month and have lost 10 lbs so yes same benefits as morning. I'd say just do what I do and eat your last meal at least 2-3 hrs before you workout. I also sometimes ride during her naps during the day but I don't like doing that cause her naps are unpredictable, sometimes she'll nap an hour and sometimes 15 mins. But I hate having to get off the bike before I get done. I only ride it during nap time if I know I won't be able to that night for some reason
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    becca_maee wrote: »
    Aw I have a 6 month old daughter too! her bath is at 9 and she's in bed by 9:45. I ride the stationary bike for 45 minutes right after I lay her down. I eat dinner at 7 so I have a good 2:45 mins between when I eat and when I ride the bike.
    I've been doing this about a month and have lost 10 lbs so yes same benefits as morning. I'd say just do what I do and eat your last meal at least 2-3 hrs before you workout. I also sometimes ride during her naps during the day but I don't like doing that cause her naps are unpredictable, sometimes she'll nap an hour and sometimes 15 mins. But I hate having to get off the bike before I get done. I only ride it during nap time if I know I won't be able to that night for some reason

My daughters naps are the same way. Is all you do is the bike?? I really need to get this baby weight off and it hasn't budged in a while :/
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I work and have two young kids, so some days I workout in the morning and some days at night. As long as you are sticking to a steady routine of exercise, the time doesn't matter.

The only problem I run into is if I workout one night, and then the next day the only time I can fit it in will be first thing in the morning I feel I struggle through that morning workout more since I didn't have much rest time in between...but when you have little ones, it just is what it is!