Seeking: Someone who will tell it like it is

Options

Replies

• hayleycreates
    hayleycreates Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is sooooo the right thread for me. I would really like a group of friends here who did tell it like it is. I'd like to be able to ask questions and have feedback, encouragement and give it back. So add me pretty please!!
  • Kelven2330
    Kelven2330 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm cake
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    The outpouring of support after this post showed me that a lot of people are looking for this same thing! I'd like to start a group, but I can't decide on a name!

Here are some idea to help us brainstorm:

MFP Truth Tellin' Accountability Pals
    Wanted: Buddies w/out the Bull
    MFP Bad Choices Rehab Buddies
    We don't just like it, we live it.
    MFP tells it like it is!
    Truth-tellers
    Tough Love for Great Results
    A Kick In the Pants
    Let Us Light A Fire
    Hardcore Accountability
    Intense Fitness Pals

I welcome suggestions!! :relaxed:
  • trupii
    trupii Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I need the accountability (and humor). Count me in :)

uumm.... yes please! i am in the same boat. love a little 'nudge nudge what did you do there' kinda support. and also bring on the humor!!
  • trupii
    trupii Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    The outpouring of support after this post showed me that a lot of people are looking for this same thing! I'd like to start a group, but I can't decide on a name!

Here are some idea to help us brainstorm:

MFP Truth Tellin' Accountability Pals
    Wanted: Buddies w/out the Bull
    MFP Bad Choices Rehab Buddies
    We don't just like it, we live it.
    MFP tells it like it is!
    Truth-tellers
    Tough Love for Great Results
    A Kick In the Pants
    Let Us Light A Fire
    Hardcore Accountability
    Intense Fitness Pals

I welcome suggestions!! :relaxed:

i like all these names, but 'buddies without the bull' is my totes fav!
  • RowlP
    RowlP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • executivetoday963
    executivetoday963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to sign up! I was wondering how. I guess I need a tutorial. How do I friend someone ??
  • srazamora
    Options
    Haven't created a group yet, still trying to decide on a name! I was hoping a few more people would weigh in :blush:
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm in. You can all look at my diary and envy how awesome it is so it can be a role model for your diary. It's only a day deep but it will continue to be just as awesome, if not more awesomer.
  • Maricelars17
    Maricelars17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't need a fitness pal who will just give me a "Like" when they see I've checked in a couple days in a row. I need someone who crosses the line if necessary, who asks the tough questions like "Why exactly did you think it was okay to eat cake for breakfast?" or "Do you think by not logging your foods, you won't get any of their calories?"; and picks apart my eating and nutrition habits. I need you to tell me the truth, ESPECIALLY when I don't want to hear it.

And I want to be that person for you!

Let's quit making excuses and start keeping each other accountable!

Who's with me??

I'll be that person for you if you are mine!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I am looking for the exact same thing! I tell it like it is and I don't mean to offend but if you're having cake for breakfast I'm going to ask you why :-) if your friends let you get that far off the track than you're probably not even on the track anymore. Anyone who feels the same way feel free to friend request me!
  • srazamora
    Options
    I'm in. You can all look at my diary and envy how awesome it is so it can be a role model for your diary. It's only a day deep but it will continue to be just as awesome, if not more awesomer.
    Is this your attempt at injecting humor or are you just really that impressed with yourself?

• M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Is this your attempt at injecting humor or are you just really that impressed with yourself?

@srazamora, I've already typed a reply to @TrailBlazinMN post "I like your enthusiasm and wishful thinking" but then cancelled it :smiley:
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    No one can know what you do or don't log. :) I log everything. Some days, my calorie counts look wonky. It's usually because I slept all day. LOL. I have a hard time adjusting to higher activity levels because of my muscle disease.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My food yesterday was 2 take-outs and alcohol so I think I'll pass lol
  • GWehsling
    GWehsling Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'll tell it how it is: If you need this kind of service or management you will almost certainly fail.

That Sergeant Major that you wish to micro-manage your diary and hold you accountable has to be you and you alone.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    "Everybody loves science until it disproves their sacred cow."
    If you want to hear it hire it really is, let's start with your plan. Psychology studies tend to find that shaming does not work - nit for weight loss, not for any behavior observed properly so far. Chances are the person liking your good one is actually note helpful with that positive reinforcement.
    Secondly, I seem to recall one study that actually followed chocolate cake for breakfast as part of flexible diet - they were testing flexible during, cake for breakfast was the news headline reduction. The cake lost more, so funny choice for something you want shaming for... Sinply meet your macros, don't fret about having a Marie Antoinette diet, other than avoiding guillotines - they're a short term weight loss only.
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Okay if you want someone to beat your booty I can do it but before I do, I want you to get a hold of Tosca Reno's book Eating Clean and educate yourself on how to grocery shop! If you don't buy crap, like cake or allow cake in your home you won't eat it! Lol if you're serious let me know you got the book and we can go over it together, but you need to FR me. Accountability can be challenging but it will achieve results. Get back to me.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Okay if you want someone to beat your booty I can do it but before I do, I want you to get a hold of Tosca Reno's book Eating Clean and educate yourself on how to grocery shop! If you don't buy crap, like cake or allow cake in your home you won't eat it! Lol if you're serious let me know you got the book and we can go over it together, but you need to FR me. Accountability can be challenging but it will achieve results. Get back to me.

I'm curious, What results does that give you?
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    So long as I can still eat chocolate (within my calorie goal of course).