My Weight Loss Journey (size 18-20 to size 12-14) still going........(pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• Kerry211168
    Kerry211168 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! An inspiration to me as I was just over 200 pounds (not so long ago) and a size 18 - 20, I am at the beginning but have lost 12 pounds and my goal is to get down to a size 12 - 14, I have another 36 pounds to lose to get to 11 stone, I think that's realistic for me.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    @Kerry211168, thanks so much. That's why I posted so that others can see that its possible. I'm going to see I'd I can lose a bit more because still a little heavier that when I had my little girl. My goal for this month is to get to 76-77 kg or 167- 169 lbs. I'm almost there. Slow and steady is best. You've done so well so far. Keep up the good work. Enjoy every minute.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You look great- you have such a cute figure! I also have four kids and I also gained weight after having the fourth. Life just got so busy and I started to go to food and drink for pleasure more than I had before. After my baby (she's 10 now) went off to school I started to take time for me- doing things like playing tennis!
  • jorinya
    Options
    @North44, thanks very much. We always feel like we are the only one that have gained weight because of pregnancy. Truth is even the dad's add weight. I felt everyone was judging me because I was fat. I saw it as the price I had to pay for having my kids. Had I known I could lose weight the way I am doing, I would have started ages ago. We live and learn.
    Wow, you are doing something I want to do which is great. Once my little girl in school I'm gonna do a distance learning course, probably in psychology. Set up my own weight loss clinic here in Nigeria, will start training once I'm near my target weight and then its looking after me time.
    You're amazing. What an inspiration to me!
  • jorinya
    Options
    d6zclw4xu86s.jpg
    jxxzj780ywkv.jpg
    gysn4cqmzx5y.jpg
    qdeon6xzzqha.jpg

Just a comparison on before and mid journey. Half way there now. Almost at my monthly goal of 77kg or 169lbs. Not sure if I will make it but will try my best.
  • jorinya
    Options
    Update:

Disaster struck! Unable to workout due to illness. Won't know when I can workout until Wednesday's scan on my abdomen. Target for last month not met due to this stupid illness. I'm going to wait till after I'm taken off the antibiotics and other meds and then give it a week before attempting to stand on the scales to weigh in. All I can do is sit and wait. Going to try to walk for 10 mins a round the estate until I feel better. In constant pain since Friday but its slowly dying down. Doctors not allowing ms to eat carbs until further notice, hopefully will no when after the scan. One good thing to come out of this - actually 2 things:
    1) Doctors have set my target weight to 70kg or 154lbs. So I have only 8kg left.
    2) The nurses that fat shamed me in January and the doctor that didn't really help were shocked when they saw me on Friday and Saturday in the hospital. Some of them even asked me for advise on losing weight!
  • marievinejackson
    marievinejackson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I hadn't seen this tread before.

Your doing so well!! Don't let this little set back get you down, get better and then carry on.

Thanks for supporting me to xxx
  • jorinya
    Options
    @marievinejackson, thank hun. Don't know why you didn't see it before but yep here's my story. Tomorrow will tell when I can get back to training. Bit nervous but well better to know the truth than worry. Anytime you need me I'm right here!
  • jorinya
    Options
    Still I'll. Scales shows 77kg but I'm not logging it. Will wait till Monday and see what it says then.
    Pic update:

cbqtdp0q313x.jpg
    uox5wjq6ao34.jpg

@arian10daddy today asked me to post a more recent pic of myself because I mentioned my hair was longer than my previous pic (the one in a red top). Even though I am still feeling weak and I'll, I got up from my couch where I am resting, dressed up and took the pic. I hope he is happy that I rose to his challenge because he hasn't said thanks for updating yet, lol.
    I will update my weight and measurements as soon as I'm feeling better.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Chin chin is so damn good though. I couldn't eat that in moderation.
  • OHSHEALTH14
    OHSHEALTH14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    omg you are great keep working on it hope you get to your goal
  • jorinya
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @yopeeps025, I haven't had chin chin since I started this journey in March. I don't miss it which is strange. Guess I shouldn't send you chin chin anytime soon, lol. I ate boied yam today with efo riro. From tomorrow back to protein and veggies. Going to have high carbs once a week for a bit to keep things moving if you know what I mean.

@OHSHEALTH14, thank you very much. I'm not great! I'm just a country girl trying to become a better wife, mother and woman and become a healthier version of myself.
  • arian10daddy
    arian10daddy Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    @arian10daddy today asked me to post a more recent pic of myself because I mentioned my hair was longer than my previous pic (the one in a red top). Even though I am still feeling weak and I'll, I got up from my couch where I am resting, dressed up and took the pic. I hope he is happy that I rose to his challenge because he hasn't said thanks for updating yet, lol.

Am I happy or what! What a transformation! seriously! way to go girl! and you look more beautiful than ever! :)
  • adobrev
    adobrev Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're looking stunning! Keep up the good work. I'm loving the long hair, too, very beautiful :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!