Incline Chest Press - 3sets 10 @ 35kg
Chest Press - 3sets 10 @ 50kg
Rear Deltoid (Chest) 3sets 10 @ 90kg
Fly (Chest) - 3sets10 @ 40kg
Abdominal Crunches - 3sets 10 @ 65kg
Seated Lat Pulldown - 3sets 10 @ 50kg
Seated Triceps Dip - 3sets 10 @ 50kg
Pullover - 3sets 10 @ 40kg

my problem is my weight has increased with no change in diet, excercise, goals.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long has this increase taken place (just a week or two or since the beginning of May)? How are you measuring your food intake? How are you measuring your calories burned, and how much of that do you eat back?
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Is it a trend of gaining? As in you've been gaining steadily for 2-3 months? Or is it a single weighin or two that were up? If the former, you're probably burning less than you think and eating more. Improve your accuracy on logging. If its an issue of 1-2 odd weighins, could be water weight gain from a # of sources. Such as stress, sleep disruption, increased sodium, etc. More than likely you'll see the losing trend continue in the coming weeks/months.
  • ChaoticKristi
    ChaoticKristi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    and remember that muscle weighs more than fat. if you are consistently working out you may be gaining muscle?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    and remember that muscle weighs more than fat. if you are consistently working out you may be gaining muscle?

Unless she's brand new to lifting, no. And especially not with machines.
  • kalbo798
    kalbo798 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

facepalm
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How are your clothes feeling? You should occassionally take measurements. The scale can be very evil. Also, you should try changing up the exercises you are doing. If you do the same thing every week you body will get used it and will stop responding. Also, are you tracking everything you are eating? Sometimes little bits here and there that we don't think matter add up more than we think.
  • Itsmebarbi
    Itsmebarbi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I so understand what you're going through. So instead of focusing on that damn scale, I decided to take measurements. The scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks...yet, I've lost over an inch in my thighs and another 2 in my waist, so I've been replacing fat with muscle [I'm a runner, its all I do] and I look as if I've lost double of what I actually have, so don't get discouraged, stay on the path, and use measurement and how your clothes are fitting, sometimes they are more accurate then Mr. Nasty Scale Man :)
  • dst3023
    dst3023 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    How long has this increase taken place (just a week or two or since the beginning of May)? How are you measuring your food intake? How are you measuring your calories burned, and how much of that do you eat back?

thankyou for all replys food is measured with digital scales every meal, never ever snack have my meals and thats it, my calories measured is with a Polar FT4. dont eat anything back

• dst3023
    Options
    Itsmebarbi wrote: »
    I so understand what you're going through. So instead of focusing on that damn scale, I decided to take measurements. The scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks...yet, I've lost over an inch in my thighs and another 2 in my waist, so I've been replacing fat with muscle [I'm a runner, its all I do] and I look as if I've lost double of what I actually have, so don't get discouraged, stay on the path, and use measurement and how your clothes are fitting, sometimes they are more accurate then Mr. Nasty Scale Man :)

clothing sems fine I feel as if I lost abit normaly have my weigh in at 1pm but today got done at 10.am
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Unless she's brand new to lifting, no. And especially not with machines.

And not eating 1500 calories a day
  • dst3023
    Options
    How are your clothes feeling? You should occassionally take measurements. The scale can be very evil. Also, you should try changing up the exercises you are doing. If you do the same thing every week you body will get used it and will stop responding. Also, are you tracking everything you are eating? Sometimes little bits here and there that we don't think matter add up more than we think.

I have changed my excercises overal at first was doing 1000 calories a day 7 days a week, then changed it to 1500 calories per day 6 days a week, now im at 700 calories 6 days a week
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    You have not answered my question. Have you been gaining weight steadily, or was this an oddity over 1-2 weighins?
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Those seem like pretty high numbers in short times for your calories burned.

Many people will say that for fat burning, longer periods of lower intensity exercise is going to burn more fat. Think....take a 30min-1hour walk. Short intense exercise is great for fitness and muscle building.
  • dst3023
    Options
    this is todays meals all planned excersie and fitness done
    1500 Goal - 1421 Food -700 Exercise = 721

my suggestion was maybe cutting the gym to 5 days a week as i though i could be burning more than i consume
  • dst3023
    Options
    You have not answered my question. Have you been gaining weight steadily, or was this an oddity over 1-2 weighins?
    steadily
  • dst3023
    Options
    PopeyeCT wrote: »
    Those seem like pretty high numbers in short times for your calories burned.

Many people will say that for fat burning, longer periods of lower intensity exercise is going to burn more fat. Think....take a 30min-1hour walk. Short intense exercise is great for fitness and muscle building.

treadmill setting is high intensity as with the stepper there both maxed out apart from speeds
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's pretty unlikely you're burning 1200 calories an hour with a treadmill even if you're dragging it around the track.

10yw3ozfx16g.png

I gained weight for a while even at a pretty substantial deficit. It happens.
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    Hmm. This does make it odd. So you're steadily gaining weight over the course of several months. You mentioned above using a food scale. Do you weigh everything? Account for all cooking oils, beverages, etc.?

Common errors in logging might include using other people's homemade entries and assuming they're like what you've made (create your own recipes, my chili could be more or less calories than your chili per serving); choosing wrong entries - doublecheck them against labels.

If it has been more than several months, might be time to get a medical checkup. Your profile says you're a guy, and if you're eating 1500 per day and not losing, something is not right.

But honestly if its been less than several months, as in only 4-8 weeks, maybe give it another 4 weeks and see what happens?
    dst3023 wrote: »
    steadily

• StaciMarie1974
    Options
    I'm trying not to question the cardio burns - because I don't know how much a 200+ pound guy burns walking at a 15 incline for 4.3mph. I've never even tried a 15 incline. But also because on an intake of 1500/day not eating extra for exercise, then one SHOULD lose weight over time if one is a 200+ pound guy. So the burn accuracy really shouldn't matter...
  • dst3023
    Options
    Hmm. This does make it odd. So you're steadily gaining weight over the course of several months. You mentioned above using a food scale. Do you weigh everything? Account for all cooking oils, beverages, etc.?

Common errors in logging might include using other people's homemade entries and assuming they're like what you've made (create your own recipes, my chili could be more or less calories than your chili per serving); choosing wrong entries - doublecheck them against labels.

If it has been more than several months, might be time to get a medical checkup. Your profile says you're a guy, and if you're eating 1500 per day and not losing, something is not right.

But honestly if its been less than several months, as in only 4-8 weeks, maybe give it another 4 weeks and see what happens?
    dst3023 wrote: »
    steadily
    yes everything including cups of tea! I do create my own meals, Baked pototes 3 days per week with spoon of Coleslaw and half branston Baked beans, new potatoes, carrots and chicken breats 1 day a week, home made chicken (Breast) tikka massal with tilda Wholegrain Rice, 30g of porridge for dinner and breakfast made with water