Working out = Breakouts?

Options
I purchased a treadmill about a month ago and began using it regularly. I wash my face before I work out and shower immediately after. What am I breaking out on my face like a 16 yr old?
I've been taking hair/skin/nail vitamins to help.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

PS - I'm drinking water like a fein! LOL

Replies

• teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump! I've been having the same problem..I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this myself.
  • awalchle
    awalchle Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the same problem. I feel your pain. If I had to guess I would say that we are producing more oil and sweat and our bodies are changing. I would say give a couple more weeks and see what happens. I use Joppa products all natural face wash on my face. That seems to help. You can google and purchase such products online. Good luck!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My thought is that all of your pores are open at the time you're working out. Make sure you're not touching your face with dirty hands while you're working out and not wiping with a dirty towel. I also assume that my body is detoxing. It does go away eventually.
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Your body is getting rid of toxins! I know its a weird thing your body does but there you have it! Your body is under some stress (good stress mind you) of changes that you are making by losing weight and changing your diet. It'll clear up soon. You can always try that acne-free stress control stuff they sell by neutrogena if you want. That should help.
    :smile:
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So funny you posted this. I just had the worst breakout since I've been in high school! I keep washing my face and hair and it doesn't seem to help. If it's toxins that are fleeing, then good riddance! Haha.
  • jsparent5
    jsparent5 Posts: 5
    Options
    Your face regimen probably isn't dealing with the sweat and germs sticking to your face. I've been using this toner spray: http://shop.thesourceskincare.com/product_p/tss-wtpepperminttoner.htm

"It provides analgesic, antiseptic, astringent, anti-pyretic (anti-itch) and anti-inflammatory benefits to skin. Suitable for all skin types, including acne-prone skin."

It does not dry out your skin like other toning sprays. I spray it on my face either during or after my workout and it seems to help neutralize the chemical imbalance on my skin. If I'm washing my face right away, I use it after washing but before moisturizer.

Another tip is to use an effective cleanser for acne, but not one that completely strips your skin. Use a moisturizer to replenish your skin. Products that overly dry out your skin leads to overall dry skin, which leads to more acne. Good luck!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've tried Neutrogena Sensitive and it still drys my face. I moisturize every day. Just curious how long this willl last. I also heard taking a break from exercising may help, but i'd rather not do that. UGH! I'm so frustrated
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    it's normal and will soon go away.I have good skin and rarely had pimples.When I first started Insanity I broke out nothing crazy like 1 or 2 (but thats a lot for me as I never did before) after a lot of water and continuing my workouts it stopped. Its flushing all the cocka nasty stuff out.
    Your skin will start to look better atleast mine did gave me a natural glow. Just wash your face good afterwards.
  • agreaney18
    agreaney18 Posts: 7
    Options
    This was happening to me too. I am prone to breaking out anyway but when I started working out regularly a few weeks ago, my skin took a turn for the WAY worse. I haven't excercised in over a week now and my skin has cleared up. I'm scared to go back to the gym but know I have to. I like hearing that the toxins/bad stuff is just "coming out" but dealing with it right now definitely stinks.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I never break out, never really have. And now I also have gotten like one or two every week and I just don't get it. However, I don't wash my face regularly (never have). I did start to wash my face every night after my workout but then certain parts of my face started drying out. I guess I just need to take better care of my face, especially now that I'm getting older (eeek!). I drink tons of water, that's about all I drink every day. I'll try washing my face every day, and using moisturizer at night too, not just in the mornings. Hopefully that'll work because this is gross!!!!!