Mid-afternoon energy slump

Options
Hello everyone :)

I'm sure everyone gets this from time to time so what's your best way of dealing with a mid-afternoon slump especially when working?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I eat something. Usually chocolate :P
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Cup of coffee or tea - maybe a little snack...
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Coffee at 2pm every day. And a brief walk around the building.
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I try to take a walk on my lunch break. For some reason, that little burst of exercise keeps me awake and energized for the rest of the afternoon.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't eat quick release carbs on lunch :)
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have coffee around 1pm otherwise I'm napping by 6!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options

^Agreed. I've discovered that pasta makes it much worse. I'm not sensitive to caffeine, so tea or coffee doesn't help me, but it might help you. Taking a walk is good. I also eat an apple around this time, and it helps a little.
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you drink caffeinated beverages in the morning, decrease them. I found that when I went from two cups of coffee in the morning to one I was way less tired later in the day.
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I really try to get 8 hours of sleep. I eat fruit after lunch. I try to work harder in the morning and allow extra break time in the afternoon. I definitely understand the struggle.
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Good point. I noticed a huge difference when I adjusted my lunches.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I sip on a diet soda and often have a little snack- munch on some pretzels. Or an apple, or maybe a small portion of nuts. String cheese is a good snack too. Most of us need a little pick-me-up mid afternoon! That's why the Spanish invented the siesta! Lol
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    If you drink caffeinated beverages in the morning, decrease them. I found that when I went from two cups of coffee in the morning to one I was way less tired later in the day.

This!! Worked for me too.