help!!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• skwytt
    skwytt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    skwytt wrote: »
    I have 250ml semi skimmed milk a day and the rest is water or green tea so will log it all, fitbit sais calories burnt 3000-3500 by time i go bed at 10.30pm ish, i have also just got over exhaustion from exercise and do not intend to go back there

Look at my profile pic and look at theirs. Who would you rather listen to? Lol.. jk.. everyone here has a good advice, pick one and start it asap..

yeah, I just noticed your pic. You obviously know what you're doing :smile: :+1:

you're in a different league to most of us average folk.

Thank you =) we all have the same goals thats why helping each other is a must. mfp is not just a small community but an extended family.
  • vickiebeese
    vickiebeese Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So i am in the shape sence website and my rmr is 1572 calories a day, should i just stick to this? Im getting more confused, sorry ladies n gents im trying to go alone on this, i dont want any judgement please but im trying to stop myself from going back into an eating disorder where i was only having 700 calories a day on meal replacement!
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    so you should enter 3500 in gross, then the amount of time you exercised, for the fitbit it goes on all day doesnt it? so im guessing the amount of hours and seconds you was awake? then your statistics - it should work out then the cals you actually burnt through proper exercise
  • leahcollett1
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i would enter only that number into MFP, then eat all or half them calories plus your allowance that mfp gives you, youll definately still be in a deficit and should start to lose
  • vickiebeese
    Options
    Thanku very much :)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have 250ml semi skimmed milk a day and the rest is water or green tea so will log it all, fitbit sais calories burnt 3000-3500 by time i go bed at 10.30pm ish, i have also just got over exhaustion from exercise and do not intend to go back there

Look at my profile pic and look at theirs. Who would you rather listen to? Lol.. jk.. everyone here has a good advice, pick one and start it asap..

Yep I'm sure Vickie is dying to look like a male bodybuilder. Lol

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    So i am in the shape sence website and my rmr is 1572 calories a day, should i just stick to this? Im getting more confused, sorry ladies n gents im trying to go alone on this, i dont want any judgement please but im trying to stop myself from going back into an eating disorder where i was only having 700 calories a day on meal replacement!

Sweetie, no one is judging you here, they are only giving their opinion and trying to help you. It is had work losing weight or maintaining weight. Meal replacements aren't eating disorders and from what I understand from being on a meal replacement plan, there are levels for you to advance through. I'm on 1000-1200 at the moment because I'm really I'll. I can't manage that some days. By now I'm supposed to be on 1200-1400 but my appetite is gone due to pain. You can lose the weight you want to by just making simple changes to your diet and exercising but not overdoing either.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    Thanku very much :)

not a problem - i have to do the same with my heart rate monitor, it works out roughly 80 calories per hour you burn just being alive!

• vickiebeese
    Options
    No definatly not wanting to be a body builder lol, i just want to tone up more than anythin, my tummy n hips look horrible, i was a size 20-22 in december 2013 and my gynae told me i was too fat for hysterectomy so set at losing it, im now a size 8-10 but have saggy sections, im terrified of going back to that size again :( the lowest i got to was 10.4 but only for a week then went to 10.6 and now 10.8 :( jorinya thanku so much and hope u will get well very soon and can build urself up lovely x
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and your are intaking more calories than your daily calorie goal. Disregard the calorie burn from your exercise and just focus on your daily calorie goal. For example yesterday your calorie goal was around 1400 yet you consumed food around 1900 cals, don't try to eat back that calories you have burned from your exercise. Just focus on your daily caloric goal of 1400.

what's the point of having a fitbit, and having it synced to mfp if op should ignore the extra calories it gives her?

Eating back the calories that you have burn through exercise will get you back to your maintenance calories. For example if i burn 300 cals and i eat extra 300 cals for the day, i pretty much wasnt on a deficit at all..

no it won't your calorie goal is with a deficit already so exercise gives you a bigger deficit but eating them back won't take you to your tdee
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    You reckon you burn 3000-3500 calories a day, just from walking 10 miles?

On 23rd May I walked 10.57 miles and burnt 2747, on 18th May I walked 9.99 miles and burnt 2864. My max generally on a work day is 3000 calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    I looked at your diary and your are intaking more calories than your daily calorie goal. Disregard the calorie burn from your exercise and just focus on your daily calorie goal. For example yesterday your calorie goal was around 1400 yet you consumed food around 1900 cals, don't try to eat back that calories you have burned from your exercise. Just focus on your daily caloric goal of 1400.

what's the point of having a fitbit, and having it synced to mfp if op should ignore the extra calories it gives her?

Eating back the calories that you have burn through exercise will get you back to your maintenance calories. For example if i burn 300 cals and i eat extra 300 cals for the day, i pretty much wasnt on a deficit at all..

no it won't your calorie goal is with a deficit already so exercise gives you a bigger deficit but eating them back won't take you to your tdee

This is what I've been trying to say..

• vickiebeese
    Options
    Debrag do u do that everyday? Im actually worries about walking today, i feel like cutting everythin except basic housework and eating 1400 calories, its so confusing! My fitbit seems set right! Maybe its time to join a gym its just financially and having a child with adhd and no school that i am going alone :(
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies need some help please, brought fitbit 6 weeks ago and not losing weight at all! Feel like giving up on fitbit :( im 5ft 7 and weigh 10.8 and trying to get to 10 stone!

Your Fitbit is accurately calculating your burn, but it's up to you to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly.

Enable negative calorie adjustments, and set your goal to .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

To learn to tighten up your logging, follow the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • skwytt
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

My pont is the progress i've made, silly... just like the gym i go to, all the trainers they have look like they dont even practice what theu preach. =( im done.. good luck to everyone lol.. hope you guys figured it out.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

My pont is the progress i've made, silly... just like the gym i go to, all the trainers they have look like they dont even practice what theu preach. =( im done.. good luck to everyone lol.. hope you guys figured it out.

Don't be sulking... I was pulling your leg. You've made amazing progress... but not everyone is aiming for the same goals ;)
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    look at my picture its a comparing one....lost 92 pounds, so obviously i do it right too!

Point made B)

bit of an ego here?

btw when i dont eat anything back i will NET around 600 calories a day.....nice advice.

for the OP, sweety listen just tighten up your logging. Weigh everything
    Your burns yes are high ( this is the very reason i eat only 25% back).
    than be patient at least 4 weeks
    When gaining adjust your eating back to less or your calories down. When losing to much up it.
    But be patient. :)

You will get there.

• skwytt
    Options
    look at my picture its a comparing one....lost 92 pounds, so obviously i do it right too!

Point made B)

bit of an ego here?

btw when i dont eat anything back i will NET around 600 calories a day.....nice advice.

for the OP, sweety listen just tighten up your logging. Weigh everything
    Your burns yes are high ( this is the very reason i eat only 25% back).
    than be patient at least 4 weeks
    When gaining adjust your eating back to less or your calories down. When losing to much up it.
    But be patient. :)

You will get there.

It was a joke... wow!! So serious! Btw good progress ;)