Need motivation & support!

Options
young1992
young1992 Posts: 3 Member
Pretty new here and about time I asked for support I can't achieve it alone.
I'm 215lbs and my goal is 185lb .
For some reason. I can't get into the swing of weight loss I get no support from my family they eat dirty so there's a lot of hurdles in my way and I'm always giving up I'm starting to get upset about my body I need a kick start!!
Thanks any tips and what not and please feel free to add me to give me a boost :)

Replies

• SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    :) Hello and welcome. You've come to the right place- this site positively OOZES support and niceness!

I've been doing this for about 11 weeks so I'm still pretty new to it all, but have found it to be the best diet tool I've ever used.

There is nothing stopping you from achieving the weight the want. For starters, just log what you eat every day for about a week- that will give you an idea of what you usually eat. What you do with this information is up to you. You can carry on doing what you do, or you can make changes. You said your family eats "dirty"- sounds lovely (?) :confused: but I'm sure you could make some positive changes. Can you cook? If not, now's the time to learn :smiley: So in a few months not only will you look fab, you'll also have a collection of amazing meals you can cook for your family and friends. :p I won't mention "learn to cook well" websites here; there are hundreds- take your pick!

You've realised you need a kick-up-the-butt, so here goes.....*kicks butt*

In short, you can do this :smiley: If you want a diet buddy, add me and we can do this together.

• leslielloyd88
    leslielloyd88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I've only been doing MFP for 30 days. I've lost a little over 10 pounds (I am about 211lbs now), and have the same struggle that you do. My husband eats EXTREMELY unhealthy--as in, one day I logged his lunch calories just to see how many calories he was eating and it was well over 1500--just for lunch! My family eats unhealthily, too. BUT I find that there are some "staples" I can keep in the house to substitute for my husband's unhealthy choices for dinner, and food is always in moderation. Like last night, he had a LOT of pork tenderloin (whereas I weighed mine and ate about 4oz), cornbread stuffing, potatoes, and fried zucchini. I ate 4oz tenderloin, 1/4 cup stuffing, 1/4 cup zucchini, and a sweet potato. He ate over 800 calories, while I still was able to eat for a little under 500 for dinner.

Add me as a friend if you'd like! I am here to help--even though I am still kind of a newb. :)
  • young1992
    Options
    Hey!
    I've only been doing MFP for 30 days. I've lost a little over 10 pounds (I am about 211lbs now), and have the same struggle that you do. My husband eats EXTREMELY unhealthy--as in, one day I logged his lunch calories just to see how many calories he was eating and it was well over 1500--just for lunch! My family eats unhealthily, too. BUT I find that there are some "staples" I can keep in the house to substitute for my husband's unhealthy choices for dinner, and food is always in moderation. Like last night, he had a LOT of pork tenderloin (whereas I weighed mine and ate about 4oz), cornbread stuffing, potatoes, and fried zucchini. I ate 4oz tenderloin, 1/4 cup stuffing, 1/4 cup zucchini, and a sweet potato. He ate over 800 calories, while I still was able to eat for a little under 500 for dinner.

Add me as a friend if you'd like! I am here to help--even though I am still kind of a newb. :)

Will send you a friend request and good job on that weight loss in just 30 days and strong willpower for consuming less kcals then the hubby lol. You make things sound simple and I could definitely use your support :)
  • young1992
    Options
    :) Hello and welcome. You've come to the right place- this site positively OOZES support and niceness!

I've been doing this for about 11 weeks so I'm still pretty new to it all, but have found it to be the best diet tool I've ever used.

There is nothing stopping you from achieving the weight the want. For starters, just log what you eat every day for about a week- that will give you an idea of what you usually eat. What you do with this information is up to you. You can carry on doing what you do, or you can make changes. You said your family eats "dirty"- sounds lovely (?) :confused: but I'm sure you could make some positive changes. Can you cook? If not, now's the time to learn :smiley: So in a few months not only will you look fab, you'll also have a collection of amazing meals you can cook for your family and friends. :p I won't mention "learn to cook well" websites here; there are hundreds- take your pick!

You've realised you need a kick-up-the-butt, so here goes.....*kicks butt*

In short, you can do this :smiley: If you want a diet buddy, add me and we can do this together.

Awesome thanks :)