What made you want to lose weight

2»

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    break up with boyfriend mostly
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    For myself, for cute clothes, for my bf, for my wedding day (teehee), to be healthy, each and every day!
  • al0008
    al0008 Posts: 1 Member
    To be healthy and in a good shape :)
  • HAS415
    HAS415 Posts: 48 Member
    Mine is actually a long story sort of. I'm a HUGE wresting fan, always have been. I finally got to go to a WrestleMania - WM 29 (and also WM 30 in New Orleans last year). Well, WM 29 was in NJ at Met Life Stadium and a guy at work said "you better get there early. Parking sucks. You might have to park in the lot a mile away". I was like OMG a MILE?! This was me at 278 lbs in April 2013. I stressed about this for months. I had waited 29 years for this moment and here I was stressing over walking a mile. I vowed then that I was going to do something about it. Here I am 135 lbs later.....(actually I'm somewhere more like 120 lbs less because my trainer wanted me to gain some back. I'm 5' 10" and somewhere around 160). I developed a tad bit of an eating disorder and am trying to recover. I guess I now just need to learn moderation. But yeah, that was my motivation. But once I got started, I couldn't stop and am still struggling.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    The first week of January 2015 I went on a Carnival Cruise with my daughter. We had a picture taken of us at the top deck of the boat. I'm in shorts and a T-shirt .....and I'm huge. When I got home I started doing some research on the proper way to diet and I made a home gym out of an extra bedroom. I officially started my diet April 1st and I've lost 25 pounds so far. I am going on another Cruise at the end of July and I'm going to take aother picture in those exact same clothes. This time I will be 45 pounds lighter.
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    always wanted to lose it but never got the chance till i moved out of home.
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    I was challenged by my friend to do "Sober for October". So I decided to take it as a queue to focus on my overall health and hubby and I decided to skip all fast food and eating out (especially Timmies) for the month of October also. The real kicker was when I weighed myself and I was staring at a weight that was higher than when I was full term pregnant with my daughter- the day before she was born- 12 years ago UGH!
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    I ripped the shorts I was wearing in this profile picture. I loved those shorts. But despite the fact that I was slowly creeping up in weight I could still "fit" the same clothes. When they ripped that was the moment of truth lol