Shopping Bummer

Options
So I'm feeling a little down today after trying on clothes I recently ordered online. I usually don't buy a ton of things new and this site happened to be slightly more expensive than where I'd usually shop. I just ordered a couple of everyday items that I thought would make me feel good about myself. When I tried them on I was so bummed about the fit. I ordered the size I usually would wear in one item and stupidly sized down for another. They just fit weird and it made me feel uncomfortable about my body. Up until today, I had been feeling really good about myself and the progress that I've made. I'm returning the clothes, getting a refund and using the money to go shopping somewhere where I can try on the clothes before I buy them. I want to feel good about my body and be able to shop but its depressing when you aren't able to size down or even fit into the sizes you normally are. Have you guys run into that at all? How to do combat those negative feelings towards your progress.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    How clothes fit and what size the label is shouldn't make you feel bad about yourself or your progress.

Tbh, I have just as many issues buying clothes (if not more) at a smaller size than when I was bigger (14 to 6 Australian). It has nothing to do with the size, but how the clothes fit and what they look like!
  • Mily94D
    Mily94D Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    True! Plus I'm very picky about how clothes look on me. I'm wondering if I'll still be just as particular when I loose weight.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Mily94D wrote: »
    True! Plus I'm very picky about how clothes look on me. I'm wondering if I'll still be just as particular when I loose weight.

Yes, yes you will! :p
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes. There have been times during weight loss when I felt so thin and wonderful, only to try something on and be a little crushed. Just remember you are making changes, and you will get to your goal, and the most important thing on your way there is how you feel. Fine, you may feel bad for yourself for a few minutes. But move on.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down.

I try on just about everything. Two of the same size absolutely do not fit the same. Even from same vendor. Ordered swimsuits from VS this past week. One top fits, one top doesn't. Both are same size.

Cheers!
    leslisa
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey... It's not you, or even really your weight loss that's really making the clothes fit weird. Sometimes clothes are just not designed for your body type. I remember being upset for YEARS coming out of my teens that Victoria's Secret doesn't make a single bra that fits my boobs, despite my completely average size at Walmart or Sears. >_< You'll have good luck with some companies and not with others, and your luck with various manufacturers will change as your body does. But it's really not your weight that's making your clothes fit funny. That is a Universal experience for every girl that isn't rich enough for bespoke ballgowns. ;-)