Jillian Michaels just kicked my *kitten*!!

Options
Finally got the 30 Day Shred for Christmas, and OMG!!! :noway:

My legs were sweating for crying out loud....I don't sweat that much in a class triple the length of that video and that was only on level 1 (day 1).

I'm sure it'll seem easier in a week from now, but I can barely walk up the stairs right now...everything feels like jello! lol

Replies

• shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Finally got the 30 Day Shred for Christmas, and OMG!!! :noway:

My legs were sweating for crying out loud....I don't sweat that much in a class triple the length of that video and that was only on level 1 (day 1).

I'm sure it'll seem easier in a week from now, but I can barely walk up the stairs right now...everything feels like jello! lol
  • jenniferb
    Options
    your rocking the smoke free thing keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!!!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I purchased that DVD a month or two ago. I have only done it 3 times because it kicked my *kitten* too! I did level 1 twice, and then I thought I would try level 2. Yeah, I definitely need to go back to level 1. I did like the exercises, it's just a tough workout.

Congrats on the no smoking. That's wonderful. I've heard it is best to quite smoking when trying to loose weight, but fighting two addictions at the same time must be really hard.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I did level one for quite a while, then level 2. I HATED level 2.. level 3 is much better I think hahaha I hadnt done it for a while and then tried it about 2 weeks ago.. and I almost died! hahaha I did worse than the first time I did it! But its great!
  • jenniferb
    Options
    do you know how many calories you've burned? when you do the 30 day shred I just bought it and i was hoping someone knew
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    do you know how many calories you've burned? when you do the 30 day shred I just bought it and i was hoping someone knew

I would like to know the answer to that question too. I even sent an email to the people who run the Jillian Michaels website, but they told me that I would have to join that site (which costs $) and ask on there. I do know that it depends on the level and the intensity in which you do it, but I don't have any clue on the actual numbers. If anyone else out there knows, please fill us in.
  • shanwow16
    Options
    You've got to be burning quite a bit, but I honestly just guessed.

Check out this website I found, I find MFP doesn't always have what I've done in the exercise section.

http://www.healthstatus.com/cbc.html

This gives you a list of exercises and calculates how many cals are burned based on your weight. I found it after our last huge snowfall...I was curious as to how many cals I burned after I had spent nearly 2 hours shovelling the driveway.
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    I am member on her website (GREAT, by the way! :bigsmile: ) I will ask for y'all!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I am member on her website (GREAT, by the way! :bigsmile: ) I will ask for y'all!

Oh, that would be great!
  • jenniferb
    Options
    ya let me know that would be so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just bought the dvd and really dont want to spend even more:explode: .... gosh i love this site you all are so helpful and nice:happy: .... where have you been all my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    i know with me I burn about 10cals a minute doing whatever exercise... I weigh 192lbs. I dunno if that helps.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Now you have gone and scared me. I got this dvd for christmas too and I plan on starting it next week. Now I'm nervous. I have a HRM so I will post my cals after I do day 1.
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Now you have gone and scared me. I got this dvd for christmas too and I plan on starting it next week. Now I'm nervous. I have a HRM so I will post my cals after I do day 1.

Don't be scared. It may be hard, but it's only 20 minutes. Besides, I like most of the exercises within the workout.
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Ok, I found this on the member boards. I have an email in to the "contact us" folks, I will let you know when I find out. Remember that this was member-submitted....

1) Anyone who owns a heart monitor (I don't), or if anyone has read an "official" word from Jillian....can you share some insight into how many roundabout calories the Level 1, 2 or 3 routines burn. I've been estimating about 250-300 calories for the Level 1 routine. I'm just looking for a basic guideline to factor into my daily calorie count (I'm 160 lbs), not exact science. Thanks!

2) Hi there! I do own a heart rate monitor and have only done level 1 of Shred. I burn about 250 calories. However, what I burn is not going to be the same as what you burn. There are too many things that factor into it....age, height, weight, sex, heart rate, etc. So unfortunately, the only way I really know of to get an accurate account is from a heart rate monitor. I wish I could be of more help. Good luck on your journey!

3) I did level one yesterday with my heart rate monitor on. I burned 198 calories. The other poster was right. It all depends on your weight, height, age, etc...
    You can get a heart rate monitor at heartratemonitorusa.com. If you use the promo code GALAXY, you get 20% off.

That's the whole thread. There are a few others about this topic but this one really had the most helpful info. The rest mostly talked about which levels worked better for each person.. :yawn:
    Hope this helps!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • shanwow16
    Options

Don't be scared. It may be hard, but it's only 20 minutes. Besides, I like most of the exercises within the workout.

It was an *kitten* kicking, but a good one none the less! :laugh: If you can feel it you know you've done something, it's just building up that endurance...a complete change from my regular work out which is likely what I needed.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I got it for Christmas , did Day 1 Level 1 and it kicked my *kitten*. But I have to say I loved it and can't wait to do it again. Thanks for the calorie burn info I was wondering about that.
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Got a reply from support:

Hello,

Thank you for joining the Jillian Michaels website. Burning calories during a workout varies for each person. There are many things to consider, your age,metabolism, your weigth. your own personal level of intensity( how hard are you working) etc. The average 150 pound person may burn between 200 and 300 calories depending on all of these things. It would be safe to think that you would be burning within that range but to provide more specific information is not possible

Regards,

Nancy
    Customer Service
    Jillian Michaels Online

:flowerforyou:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thas AWSOME!!!! I'm wanting to get this dvd...But money is tight..I know its sad cant even buy a dvd to make myself better..lol will get it one day...I cant wait to get it and get my fat butt toned up...Keep up the good work everyone..Remember we have to take it 1 pound at a time...:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm half-scared to say this, because I imagine Jillian leaping out from behind a corner and beating the crap out of me, but if you go on BT Junkie, they have a torrent for it. Life Hacker has tips for navigating the world of torrent.

But yeah, I LOVE the 30 Day Shred. It's hard, but not unfair.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I ordered the 30 Day Shred and am waiting on it and some other DVDs from Jillian. I have done a couple that I have already of hers or the Biggest Loser and love them so I thought I would try the 30 Day Shred. Jillian is awesome and knows how to kick some *kitten*!!!!!!!