2»

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    $300 a month for online advice?

Damn, I'm in the wrong business.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    I should start a competitor to him and charge only $299 a month. Glad you're researching more, OP! These forums are an awesome free resource; feel free to ask any questions and get advice from people who have been there and become successful through this site!
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    No way, too much money.. There is plenty of websites and sources to continue to get healthy!!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I find it kind of odd that it's so hard to find any kind of information on him. I tried to Google him and looked on his FB page but all I could find were progress pictures from his clients. I would be very hesitant to pay someone any amount of money that doesn't at least say what services he provides.
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 308 Member
    I just looked into him as well and I cannot find anything either. I wanted to find out more about pricing, but was hesitant to email the information email address, because I didn't want to feel pressured into anything that I don't want. $300 seems like a lot per month. I pay $32 per month for a gym membership where my gym is open 24/7. I love using MyFitnessPal forums, I swear you can find out about ANYTHING on here! :smile:
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Why does Jonny Straws sound so much like a Mafia nickname?

"Listen, the Big Man says it's all comin' down tonight, you in or ain't ya? It's gonna be me, Big Petey, Mikey, Al Two Times and Jonny Straws."

:D:D:D
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    $300 a month for an ONLINE trainer?! I am in the wrong field....

Yeah, you and I both.

That is insaaaane. To think, I lost 50 pounds on my own in 5 months just exercising and eating in a deficit.
  • trish_delpino
    trish_delpino Posts: 1 Member
    Hey guys, I'm a former client of his. Don't get me wrong, SUPER nice guy, really understanding... but his program was hard to maintain. I was spending TONS on groceries (had to food shop twice a week to keep up with his program). And the program was very strict and bland that I felt myself wanting to cheat. I stuck to it to the best of my ability and noticed I was no longer bloated, but I wasn't losing like I anticipated. Maybe I signed on to him at bad timing (I was depressed, had to stop Training with him due to financial reasons). But I feel like you can honestly do it yourself. There are a lot of resources out there and you will learn what your body can do. Everyone is different, and at this point I'd rather have a personal trainer in person so that way they can track my progress eaaier. Also, the meal plan wasn't truly customized, so I was a little bummed about that. All in all though, Jonny is a nice guy, and it just wasn't for me. Hope this helps!
  • rmmawer
    rmmawer Posts: 1 Member
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    I find it kind of odd that it's so hard to find any kind of information on him. I tried to Google him and looked on his FB page but all I could find were progress pictures from his clients. I would be very hesitant to pay someone any amount of money that doesn't at least say what services he provides.

Jonny Straws is not a certified or licensed personal trainer. He is a total liar and scam artist. I reached out to him for information, and was told that he was ACE and ISSA certified with a specialty in nutrition. When I called ISSA and ACE to verify his certifications, I was told that he had only taken classes. In fact, he hadn't even registered for the PT exam with either place. I would not pay this guy $300 a month, I can get an actual in person certified trainer and nutrition counseling at my gym for not much more per month than what Jonny charges. Buyer beware!!!